Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

I believe that God chooses the partner for us and it is up to us both to keep the marriage together through sacrifice and doing our part without expecting anything in return. If you do this there is a good chance of success. As it says, husbands love your wives unconditionally and wives respect and honour your husband unconditionally. (Know I will get flamed for that one)

I will respect your belief in this regard... But he also says sex outside the marriage is a sin... We can't have our cake and eat it

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will respect your belief in this regard... But he also says sex outside the marriage is a sin... We can't have our cake and eat it

I agree with that too - never did it.

Edit - re-read your post and cannot say above actually- only guilty of not doing it while married in all honesty.

Edited by NoMore Landy

I agree with that too - never did it.

Then I respect your belief. While I may not agree with it we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions... And I certainly don't want this discussion to digress into religion because we know this doesn't work on the hub Edited by Stretch

Then I respect your belief. While I may not agree with it we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions... And I certainly don't want this discussion to digress into religion because we know this doesn't work on the hub

Thanks, just offering my opinion and don't want to start a debate as I know that would end badly.

Couples have that option anyway.

Divorce the only answer

Smoking causes cancer

This system's gonna fall soon, to an angry young tune

And that's a concrete cold fact

And so it would seem that even in the 70's they were blaming the youth!

Same here, and I also don't believe in polygamy, one woman is enough.

I'll look at another woman (as I'm sure most heterosexual people look at the opposite sex) but I won't touch.

It's ok to take a look at the menu but you dine at home ;)

I believe that God chooses the partner for us and it is up to us both to keep the marriage together through sacrifice and doing our part without expecting anything in return. If you do this there is a good chance of success. As it says, husbands love your wives unconditionally and wives respect and honour your husband unconditionally. (Know I will get flamed for that one)

Not flaming or being facetious. But seriously curious, so if God sekected you and your soon to be ex to be together, by having a divorce now, are you both defying his wish? Did he change his mind?

Not flaming or being facetious. But seriously curious, so if God sekected you and your soon to be ex to be together, by having a divorce now, are you both defying his wish? Did he change his mind?

Yes we are and will be judged for that one day. It was her call. I am just saying how it was designed to be for success.

Yes we are and will be judged for that one day. It was her call. I am just saying how it was designed to be for success.

So if your marriage is a complete wreck and has become abusive. It's gods will, and the correct thing to do would be to duke it out with the dragon, or risk an eternity in the braai?

Yup... The youth of today approach things a lot differently. We have gone through a period in Society where infidelity was a thing that just happened in the 50s and 60s and despite everyone knowing it was brushed under the carpet.. Not ideal... Then we had the 70s.. Where everyone went overboard.. Then through the modern era where polygamy became taboo. There is now a pull towards open polygamy with things like open relationships coming to the fore.. Especially with the younger generation. Sex is sex.. We still haven't worked out how to balance a relationship and sex.. But let's face it... With the few exceptions the concept of having one sexual partner for 20 30 40 50+ years of your life is actually ridiculous.

Men are men, but when a women have sex with a man, things get very complicated in her brain.  :whistling:

Men are men, but when a women have sex with a man, things get very complicated in her brain. :whistling:

what is your belief about what happens when women are intimate with women?

Ja, I am destructive like that!  :clap:

Just chumming the waters.

Edited by Moridin

The religious issue is a hectic one....to be trapped in a marriage for life because of a relgious vow and fear of hellfire is sad, when one partner does not pull their weight. The other partner is left to either abondon their faith or live a life fufilling their vow to unconditionally respect and honour the other partner. There is a word for lifelong service like this of the unconditional kind.....its called slavery. This is in terms of folks that take the "till death we part" very literally.

Edited by blondeonabike

The religious issue is a hectic one....to be trapped in a marriage for life because of a relgious vow and fear of hellfire is sad, when one partner does not pull their weight. The other partner is left to either abondon their faith or live a life fufilling their vow to unconditionally respect and honour the other partner. There is a word for lifelong service like this of the unconditional kind.....its called slavery. This is in terms of folks that take the "till death we part" very literally.

I will try and answer as best I can.

Marriage was not deigned as a trap at all.  If you think back to when you were first married it was really great.

Because we don't follow the manual, we end up through our own fault's  in a mess.

I personally don't question the rules set out or why, as you say it is either one sided or the other partner want's out, but I just believe as it says, that each marriage was set out for us.

One has the free choice to leave yes, but there will obviously be judgement one day, but at least those that do believe, have the Grace at the end when we eventually push daisies. 

Hope that explains it more or less correctly.