Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

As a (girl) friend of one once said .... best way to get over a guy is to get under another one.

Could be said the converse holds true.

The best revenge you can take on a guy that steals your girl is to let him keep her.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on another note: I see mention was made on the wearing of wedding rings...

Thanks to my father in law, I don't have to wear a wedding ring...

In laws have been married more than 40 years. My father in law is a GP so he stopped wearing his...

Me, I am not a GP...I just kept loosing mine. My response then was: I don't need to wear a ring to remind me that I am married. Look at your dad.

Tomorrow is our 8th anniversary...suspect I might get one of those silicone rings to wear...#shewearsthepants

On point there kosmo - Maybe a bit of overshare on my part but helps with the healing process.

;)

Marvin Gaye said it first

Its court appearance day today. So if all goes well she will walk out of court with a piece of paper that says we are no longer married.. It will plastered all over her FB page - she's like that.

So a celebration is in order. Today marks a new beginning in life

All the best...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its court appearance day today. So if all goes well she will walk out of court with a piece of paper that says we are no longer married.. It will plastered all over her FB page - she's like that.

So a celebration is in order. Today marks a new beginning in life

Good luck, and congratulations!!!

Already been told by multiple people that I need to have a divorce party as soon as it's final. 

Glad to see you guys coping well, my friend was a wreck after his seperation/divorce initially.

We are part of the animal kingdom.. You are probably emitting a scent unbeknownst to you.... Can any ladies confirm this

That scent is called confidence. It's what a haircut and decent set of rags does for you ;)

I also turn 45 next week Tuesday so a good knees up could be in order this weekend..

On a side note, I had coffee with two ladies, separately of course, this last week. Both asked me and both going through nasty splits after years of marriage. One is totally devastated and cant see the wood for the trees at the moment. I was very wary of her initial approaches and made things clear from the start that there is no ways I'd entertain anything other than a coffee. 

The other one was more interesting and looking for advice, but I dare not go any further. She is also damaged goods currently and I would rather stay far away. I am very wary of the dynamics of a male/female relationship and how things can easily get misconstrued. So I would rather stay far away. 

Interesting though to hear their stories.

The lives people lead and just when you think everything is going hunky dory on the surface, underneath its a total mess.

That scent is called confidence. It's what a haircut and decent set of rags does for you ;)

As with MTBing, confidence is key.

I also turn 45 next week Tuesday so a good knees up could be in order this weekend..

On a side note, I had coffee with two ladies, separately of course, this last week. Both asked me and both going through nasty splits after years of marriage. One is totally devastated and cant see the wood for the trees at the moment. I was very wary of her initial approaches and made things clear from the start that there is no ways I'd entertain anything other than a coffee.

The other one was more interesting and looking for advice, but I dare not go any further. She is also damaged goods currently and I would rather stay far away. I am very wary of the dynamics of a male/female relationship and how things can easily get misconstrued. So I would rather stay far away.

Interesting though to hear their stories.

The lives people lead and just when you think everything is going hunky dory on the surface, underneath its a total mess.

Being in a relationship is not required to be intimate with another human, male or female. As long as all parties are fully aware of the situation and intention. It's 2018 not 19voetsak.

Being in a relationship is not required to be intimate with another human, male or female. As long as all parties are fully aware of the situation and intention. It's 2018 not 19voetsak.

True story, but after a decade and then some of not being out in the field there is an adjustment period that takes some getting used too.

I agree.

Have also a female friend that I have been seeing since my split and we have been hanging out with no complications or intent to take things further but we at least spend time in each others company doing fun stuff now and again when we feel like company.

On a side note, I had coffee with two ladies, separately of course

That was your first mistake. 2 birds with one stone, go for it! Pics or it didn't happen, though.

Edited by HDW

Just on another note: I see mention was made on the wearing of wedding rings...

Thanks to my father in law, I don't have to wear a wedding ring...

In laws have been married more than 40 years. My father in law is a GP so he stopped wearing his...

Me, I am not a GP...I just kept loosing mine. My response then was: I don't need to wear a ring to remind me that I am married. Look at your dad.

I have a gynecologist friend who also lost his ring while on the job.