2017 Strava Stats

Duane_Bosch

11056km

141173m

Best ride - Karoobaix Day 1

Worst ride - Waterberg Extreme

What made Waterberg not lekker? That was a ride I was looking forward too.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What made Waterberg not lekker? That was a ride I was looking forward too.

Not suitable for Gravel/CX bike. Endless sand and corrugations. Winner was on a fatbike.

Grumpy cause I was the only dummy on a CX bike despite assurances that route was suitable.

But is it as much fun....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a different kind of fun, but still great. Why limit yourself to one type of riding when there are some many great ones?

Doesn't really matter. It's not about me.

I climbed about the same amount as you though.

Distance 6,008.6 km Time 278h 46m Elev Gain 61,713 m Rides 166

I think you are confusing the words “about the same” with “about half”.

Its a different kind of fun, but still great. Why limit yourself to one type of riding when there are some many great ones?

Just being facetious. At full buffalo size I just feel wrong on a road bike. Add to that the fact that I am way more scared of cars than rocky switch backs. Can’t say I am tempted to find another expensive sport to indulge in. Actually just wanted to point out how misleading stats can be. I am the self appointed chairman of the “mtb is a different sport above 105kg” club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I’ve started MTBing in 2016, my elevation stats have spiked by about 30 percent.

And my distance stats have more or less stayed the same

I like I like ????????‍♀️

Edited by 'Dale

Total Distance: 14876km (goal was 15000, but took time off for my wedding and honeymoon)

Total Time: 558hrs

Days Active: 260

Elevation Gain: 179893m

Longest Ride: 214.5km

Best ride: Panorama Stage 1

Worst Ride: Everest Challenge (hardest ride of my life)

*Edit: Spelling

Edited by Schnavel

Distance: 3,613.9km

Time: 163h 15m

Elevation Gain: 17,096m

Rides: 157

(most of my training is power-based on the IDT hence the very low elevation number)

Best Ride: Tshwane Classic - first sub-3 ride and made it up the two really steep hills without walking.

Worst Ride: 94.7 MTB race - had a little lie down 45ish km into the race and won an ambulance ride and a CT scan (broken cheekbone that needed surgery and fractured scaphoid). Also trashed my helmet and glasses and did R10k worth of damage to the bike (did manage to upgrade to wider rims in the process though). Also cast just came off so haven't really been back on the bike yet. Basically starting 2018 at zero again :(

Distance 5874 km’s about 70/30 road/MTB

Elevation 57775

137 rides

Total hours 252

Longest ride 221km

Highest climb 541 recorded on stage 2 of Jock classique

Most enjoyable ride was my iron man PE cycle I reckon.

Worst ride was Jock classique, I had flu and shat bricks all day long

All in all a good year cycling, about 20 percent more elevation than last year and that’s where we get strong I guess,

Edited by IceCreamMan

Similar time as 2016 but increased distance as I've switched to more road in 2017.

Good job Scotman! Think I'll come fetch that blouse back [emoji53]

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

I think you are confusing the words “about the same” with “about half”.

lol, You still don't get it do you?

For every 1km you traveled in distance, you only climb 10m in elevation.

For every 1km i traveled in distance, i climbed 10.2m in elevation. (we both climb the same rate)

The guy you chirped for going to slow, for every 1km he traveled in distance, he climbed 17.8m in elevation.

It's almost twice as much of climbing done per km as you and i both!

If you climbed at the same rate as he did you should have had 187563m elevation.

That is 81784m more than what you did. That is 8 everests more per year, for the same amount of kms you did. You avg speed would definitely look different then. LOL

Do you get it now?

lol, You still don't get it do you?

For every 1km you traveled in distance, you only climb 10m in elevation.

For every 1km i traveled in distance, i climbed 10.2m in elevation. (we both climb the same rate)

The guy you chirped for going to slow, for every 1km he traveled in distance, he climbed 17.8m in elevation.

It's almost twice as much of climbing done per km as you and i both!

If you climbed at the same rate as he did you should have had 187563m elevation.

That is 81784m more than what you did. That is 8 everests more per year, for the same amount of kms you did. You avg speed would definitely look different then. LOL

Do you get it now?

I do get what you were saying, but it’s ***.

Based on your logic. I’m going to do one ride tomorrow, 1km and 100m climbing, and then I’ll win all climbing challenges.

Stop arguing now, you are coming across as needy.

Ps: the guy I chirped, is a good guy, we have sparred many times and I respect him, if HE chirped me, I would laugh it off.

Edited by Patchelicious

It's not k*K.

It's stats and you didn't look at it properly before chirping him about his avg speed.

Peace out.