[Event] Value Logistics Fast One 2018

Lostee

Ask CL1218 if he can spare you one - he had 3

Do as Ouzo suggested, report his race number and have them investigate it. That's the kind of thing that puts people in the higher starting groups that don't belong their and cause crashes and incidents.

Edit: Atrocious spelling and grammar

Edited by Jase619

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do as Ouzo suggest, report his race number and have them investigate it. That's the kind of thing that puts people in the higher starting groups that don't belong their and cause crashed and incidents.

Sent an e-mail to Racetec - they should be able to identify as the same timing split would be on the timing mats that were somewhere in the middle of the race.

Happened at around 52km.

my mate Luis.

He is ok, a fractured rib and some skin off his arm.

i'm sure he is going to be feeling it today.

from what i hear he is very lucky to get off as well as he did.

his bike is toast though.

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 07.27.20.png

Rode past this accident after getting caught up in the VB crash. The poor guy didn’t look good when I went past, glad to hear he got off relevantly lightly.

A few people I know were declined a time without their chip. Photo at finish proved they didn’t have one. Worth a try, but could end with disappointment.

Send an email to racetec and attach your strava link .. You obviously accidently lost it ... Oops

got a one liner response from Racetec - "no chip, no time"

gave them my Garmin file, strava link, and contact details of a rider that finished with me.

bummer

Edited by Furbz

gave them my Garmin file, strava link, and contact details of a rider that finished with me.

bummer

This is a BS reply .

presuming you had a legal entry into the race .

You forgot your chip , paid for the race , and finished .

You supply the data , they just need to verify your entry and upload .

Come on Racetec / organisers .... Stop being so hard headed .

What percentage of riders do this ?? Less than 1 I would bet .

But they quick to take our cash ..... 

bummer

Bru , and that was a good sprint  . . .  :-(

This is a BS reply .

presuming you had a legal entry into the race .

You forgot your chip , paid for the race , and finished .

You supply the data , they just need to verify your entry and upload .

Come on Racetec / organisers .... Stop being so hard headed .

What percentage of riders do this ?? Less than 1 I would bet .

But they quick to take our cash ..... 

I disagree with you. The rules state that you will not get a result if you don't have a timing chip.

If you don't have one due to the fact that it wasn't on the bike when you started, or it fell off, or you lost it in a crash, you shouldn't get a result - the rule is stated upfront. Tough luck, try again next race

Wow..they did mine for me before ... Twice ... Mmmmm

They used to do it, but started clamping down just before Race for Victory.

For the Carnival City Macsteel National Classic, a few queries were approved, based on Strava data and photos.

Hi Guys

Unfortunately, Luis was the not the seriously injured guy.

Christo came down with him, and was the one with the serious injuries.

He has bleeding on the brain but the doc says there is no need to operate and they are hoping the swelling will come down on its own. He also has a punctured lung, and a rather serious cut to his face, and is currently in ICU

Hoping for the best for him.

This is the one. Thanks. (I came down with him)
Sounded like that rib pierced his lung when he was laying there.
Hope he recovers well.

Hi Guys

He has bleeding on the brain but the doc says there is no need to operate and they are hoping the swelling will come down on its own. He also has a punctured lung, and a rather serious cut to his face, and is currently in ICU

I thought the description of the previous guy's injuries didn't match what I saw.

Struggled to sleep with that image of Christo in my head last night - lets hope he heals up soon.

I thought the description of the previous guy's injuries didn't match what I saw.

Struggled to sleep with that image of Christo in my head last night - lets hope he heals up soon.

Agreed, the guy I saw didn’t look good when I stopped there. Hope he recovers quickly.

Hi Guys

Hope for a speedy recovery to Christo G.

We also cycled past the incident on our training ride coming from the front. It really looked bad when he was on the stretcher with the paramedics attending to him. 

Agreed, the guy I saw didn’t look good when I stopped there. Hope he recovers quickly.

The guy they describe was Nigel, VB rider. He was in the break around 55km when I saw him and when we did our loop he was far behind the 2nd chasing group. He still finished the race