Canyon bicycles now available direct to South Africa

shaper

Ok I just checked, I can have a Canyon CF SLX Disc 9.0SL delivered to our offices in London for R93k inc VAT

1 × Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL £5,499.00

4 × Canyon Bottle 0.75L black £15.80

1 × CANYON BikeGuard £14.99

1 × Shipping £32.99

What would this work out to with customs straight to SA?

By my calculation, including the 26.25% duty fee, the complete bike will cost in the region of R118500 landed in SA

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By my calculation, including the 26.25% duty fee, the complete bike will cost in the region of R118500 landed in SA

So basically that means I can buy the Canyon in the UK AND the Nago Master that EvanB has waiting, for LESS than just buying it direct.... okaaaaaayyy and then SARS wonders why people dont have tax morals.

So basically that means I can buy the Canyon in the UK AND the Nago Master that EvanB has waiting, for LESS than just buying it direct.... okaaaaaayyy and then SARS wonders why people dont have tax morals.

Buy the frame module (no duties) and build it up yourself. A complete bike as many have said carry extra duties besides the vat,

If you send it to your London office, can you not claim the VAT back when you exit the UK? This would make it even cheaper!

Obviously, you would need to then declare it when you came back to SA, but 14% VAT is cheaper than the UK 20%  :ph34r:

Edited by Schnavel

If you send it to your London office, can you not claim the VAT back when you exit the UK? This would make it even cheaper!

shhhhhh

Ok I just checked, I can have a Canyon CF SLX Disc 9.0SL delivered to our offices in London for R93k inc VAT

1 × Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL £5,499.00

4 × Canyon Bottle 0.75L black £15.80

1 × CANYON BikeGuard £14.99

1 × Shipping £32.99

Patch,

Check your region setting. When you set to South Africa the bike is USD6499 not GBP5499 (as this will include UK VAT already).

Patch,

Check your region setting. When you set to South Africa the bike is USD6499 not GBP5499 (as this will include UK VAT already).

MadBradd, check my point. I wanting to ship to UK, so I set it to GBP.

1 × Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL £5,499.00

4 × Canyon Bottle 0.75L black £15.80

1 × CANYON BikeGuard £14.99

1 × Shipping £32.99

Just do it already ????????‍????

I went the build route. My Endurace CF SL will end up being R60k running SRAM etap wifli (to run the 11-30 cassette if needed, (was a big debate over Ultegra Di2), disc version and custom carbon hoops on DTSwiss 350 hubs.

I think the Endurace CF SL Elec/Disc frameset was R23k landed via UPS.

Disclaimer: I'm a patient man and still waiting for some pieces to finish the build. Frame arrived Mid Jan!

Edited by BigToe

:ph34r:  :whistling:  don't order one they aren't great and probably wont handle very well...especially the one in my size with etap and disc brakes..and with a tubeless set up it is likely to be even less comfy especially on that one model the Endurace...nasty piece of work that!   :ph34r:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Rather get a Spez or Trek or something solid like that!  :thumbup:

I think they're awesome!  Spectral!!