Canyon bicycles now available direct to South Africa

shaper

@Juriekruger have you received your bike yet. It's beaurafull

Please let us know ito duties etc how much u had to.pay extra.

Considering to order 1

I did indeed get it. Full bike has 15% duties. So bike price * 15% = duties then add duties to bike price and add another 15% for VAT

post-69681-0-24721600-1520248169_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you do don’t buy a Canyon! 4 days from placing the order to it arriving on my doorstep. 20 minutes to put it together. Amazing build and specs for the price, even with import duty and VAT. Looks killer! So yeah...definitely don’t buy one... ????

That’s proper sexy, congrats!!! Many happy miles.

May I ask why you went rim brake?

Whatever you do don’t buy a Canyon! 4 days from placing the order to it arriving on my doorstep. 20 minutes to put it together. Amazing build and specs for the price, even with import duty and VAT. Looks killer! So yeah...definitely don’t buy one...

Agree! 1 to many already on here! Very nice!

Whatever you do don’t buy a Canyon! 4 days from placing the order to it arriving on my doorstep. 20 minutes to put it together. Amazing build and specs for the price, even with import duty and VAT. Looks killer! So yeah...definitely don’t buy one...

unfortunately service like that is far too good to be acceptable :P

Whatever you do don’t buy a Canyon! definitely don’t buy one...

We didn't listen and now her Spectral WMN CF9.0 is stuck at customs because they sent the invoice to the wrong address on the 31st of March and now they want to send her a new invoice with - you guessed it - 15% vat!! Schmucks...

Anyone know how to work out customs

Usually when I import equipment/ pasts for my cars or bikes and have it sent down here (with an official invoice that has to be attached to the shipment), I have to pay at least 15% Duty and 14% (now 15%) VAT; so you can safely assume 30% additional to the purchase price! Add shipping and you would be close to 40%. Also, customs have unique way to calculate the fees according to a ROE that they seem to make up as they go along!

Rather fly over there and bring it along!

So just a question those pioneers that have already pulled the trigger on Canyon bikes - the sizing looks to be a bit different from other brands - did you guys need to buy one size smaller than your usual size?

Usually when I import equipment/ pasts for my cars or bikes and have it sent down here (with an official invoice that has to be attached to the shipment), I have to pay at least 15% Duty and 14% (now 15%) VAT; so you can safely assume 30% additional to the purchase price! Add shipping and you would be close to 40%. Also, customs have unique way to calculate the fees according to a ROE that they seem to make up as they go along!

Asking for a friend :ph34r:

Do you fly over with an old bike and leave it there, and return with the new one?

Do you make the new bike look used - putting on old tyres and old saddle...etc.?

he was just wondering.

So just a question those pioneers that have already pulled the trigger on Canyon bikes - the sizing looks to be a bit different from other brands - did you guys need to buy one size smaller than your usual size?

The Canyon website has a great tool that allows you to enter all your measurements and then spits out the recommended frame. Its pretty good because I once entered my inseam wrong and based on my height the website said either I have really short legs or I did something wrong so I went back a remeasured and sure enough i had done something wrong. I'm having the bike setup tomorrow so i will reply if it comes back that i got the wrong size but based on the website i got the same size as i normally ride. 

The Canyon website has a great tool that allows you to enter all your measurements and then spits out the recommended frame. Its pretty good because I once entered my inseam wrong and based on my height the website said either I have really short legs or I did something wrong so I went back a remeasured and sure enough i had done something wrong. I'm having the bike setup tomorrow so i will reply if it comes back that i got the wrong size but based on the website i got the same size as i normally ride. 

Funny enough mine comes out one size smaller (but I am sometimes close to borderline between sizes).

A personal courier/friend/someone with an EU passport willing to pop over might be a good bet?

Will I be able to purchase only a frame?

Similar to other brands, you can purchase mostly the top of the line frames. You don't pay the 15% duty on frames (still pay the VAT though). Makes them VERY competitively priced even after shipping.

A personal courier/friend/someone with an EU passport willing to pop over might be a good bet?

No, better if it's you. EU VAT rates are very high and as a ZA resident you can claim most of the VAT back at the airport. Your EU resident friend won't have this luxury, but then they don't need to pay the ZA VAT either.