Mark Cavendish

pista

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/mark-cavendish-suffers-puncture-wound-to-his-leg-after-big-impact-crash-at-saudi-tour-448479

I watched today as he split the bunch apart with a massive effort into the crosswinds, Loads of guys had no answers and this was after his crash. The article sums it up though as I was expecting him to sprint but as he said he never had the legs really.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may have come second but him and the rest of the field were left for dead.. Such a stong sprint from Merlier who won by a big margin... There was time to sit up look behind and put his arms in the air before he crossed the line..

Good race though, I enjoyed it, is part of the Belgium Cup.

Edited by Gen

He may have come second but him and the rest of the field were left for dead.. Such a stong sprint from Merlier who won by a big margin... There was time to sit up look behind and put his arms in the air before he crossed the line..

Good race though, I enjoyed it, is part of the Belgium Cup.

Its a start, all were left in his wake!

Its a start, all were left in his wake!

It's difficult with pure sprinters to find their place in the peloton once they lose that speed..can't see him competing at the bigger races against a stronger field.. There are so many really fast guys atm.. Hell I can't even see him making the DQS squad for those bigger races... They have so much depth.. But he may get results at the smaller races like today. One thing is for sure I don't see him making any DQS GT squads. Edited by Gen

It's difficult with pure sprinters to find their place in the peloton once they lose that speed..can't see him competing at the bigger races against a stronger field.. There are so many really fast guys atm.. Hell I can't even see him making the DQS squad for those bigger races... They have so much depth.. But he may get results at the smaller races like today. One thing is for sure I don't see him making any DQS GT squads.

I completely agree with you and I think Cav does too but I hope you are wrong

I really admire the guy who clearly just loves riding his bike and I think with his health issues could not wrap up his riding career in style

He was honest about his second place and his schedule but just wants to ride and race

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

• 1 month later...

I completely agree with you and I think Cav does too but I hope you are wrong

I really admire the guy who clearly just loves riding his bike and I think with his health issues could not wrap up his riding career in style

He was honest about his second place and his schedule but just wants to ride and race

One Swallow does not a Summer make, but right now I think my R500 bet on Sebastian Vettel would have been better put on Cav winning a Stage of the TDF....

https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/presidential-cycling-tour-of-turkey-2021/stage-2/results/

One Swallow does not a Summer make, but right now I think my R500 bet on Sebastian Vettel would have been better put on Cav winning a Stage of the TDF....

https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/presidential-cycling-tour-of-turkey-2021/stage-2/results/

Probably better on Cav winning the TDF.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think Vettel is going to be embarrassed by his team mate this year, but that's a discussion for the F1 thread.

Not many people like Cav but I do.  It would me great if he can come back and win some races/stages again.

He was on Bennett's wheel all the time, with a little bit more improvement, a few surprises is on the cards.

Not many people like Cav but I do.

I've said it many times, sport needs characters, liked or not, and Cav is one of those.

I couldn't quite work out the purpose of his positioning on the day ... were they setting up Cav and he just didn't have the legs, or were they always riding for Bennet where perhaps Cav could have contributed more in the lead out.?

I suppose knowing who you're riding for is part of the wolf pack's predicament currently...

Not many people like Cav but I do.  It would me great if he can come back and win some races/stages again.

He was on Bennett's wheel all the time, with a little bit more improvement, a few surprises is on the cards.

I like him too - always grateful for his teammates.

Plus his interviews are also great to listen to - talks with confidence.

Bennett? Or did you mean Greipel?

Bennett? Or did you mean Greipel?

Bennet is referring to the performance at Scheldeprijs.

His win in Turkey was a good one ... battled hard in that sprint.

A season or two ago he would have faded and given up.

A confident Cavendish is a pleasure to watch.!

Edited by Thomo