Gravel bikes - what do you have and where did you buy it?

Myth

Is it bad that I couldn't care that my groupset gets hauled through all manner of things in the pursuit of fun?

I mean, it's bike stuff, not some hallowed mystical object.

A spray down and a brush post ride and she is good to go!

Nope, not bad at all, it's just a mind shift because it's not something I'm used to. It just means my cleaning routing has gone up a knotch but a gravel bike is a lot quicker and easier to clean than a MTB without a shock/fork to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone's idea of the ultimate gravel bike but I can hardly think of a better bike for riding road/hard pack/grass verges... especially when comfort is a big factor. Upgrading from A

FARR, this feels like an S-Class Merc!

#2020TrekDomaneSL6

#40c tyres

#myperfectbikeevenifitsupsidedown

post-68506-0-79856100-1597052670_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jonesy

Not everyone's idea of the ultimate gravel bike but I can hardly think of a better bike for riding road/hard pack/grass verges... especially when comfort is a big factor. Upgrading from A

FARR, this feels like an S-Class Merc!

#2020TrekDomaneSL6

#40c tyres

#myperfectbikeevenifitsupsidedown

You in Australia?

So I’ve added a CG-R seatpost (20mm “travel”) to the Diverge, first impressions are very positive for someone who was reminded yesterday of just how plush the 140mm on my Stumpy really is...

8af08c1d9a898b1cc4d54495069d2b19.jpg

and excellent upgrade to anyone's gravel bike - you don't feel it working but your back and spleen are grateful in the morning

and excellent upgrade to anyone's gravel bike - you don't feel it working but your back and spleen are grateful in the morning

@wayne, damn you nearly had me convinced that riding a road bike on dirt roads was a "good" thing. Thanks for being honest. My Lynskey remains a MTB then.

Pity you can't get the CGR in a straight up configuration

Yes, I had to slam it right to the front and still need to deal with a setup that’s now 10mm further back. Took it for an 18km ride with a little bit of everything (including my first sideways drifting on this bike) this afternoon, I think my previous setup may have been slightly too forward so it’s worked out well for me. I realise it won’t for everyone though...

Yes, I had to slam it right to the front and still need to deal with a setup that’s now 10mm further back. Took it for an 18km ride with a little bit of everything (including my first sideways drifting on this bike) this afternoon, I think my previous setup may have been slightly too forward so it’s worked out well for me. I realise it won’t for everyone though...

It’s doesn’t look nice but I used it backwards on a bike where I couldn’t get my reach right

So I’ve added a CG-R seatpost (20mm “travel”) to the Diverge, first impressions are very positive for someone who was reminded yesterday of just how plush the 140mm on my Stumpy really is...

8af08c1d9a898b1cc4d54495069d2b19.jpg

Any particular reason why you chose that over the new Roval Terra Carbon Seat Post?