The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

6 minutes ago, copperhead said:

I think a bit long but thanks. 

Hey, at least you have a long term option if nothing pans out ............ and a cycle from Tokai to Durbanville should just about be "warm up distance" for you on the bicycle :P

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, copperhead said:

????????  this is all true. Maybe I should go and see the Munga winners come in. Go pitch my tent   at the finish. That could be a fun weekend. Not bad thinking Sir.

Surely you could apply to work as a "volunteer" and get free camping, and maybe food out of the deal too ....

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

Anyone ????‍♂️

I might be able to help if you havn't come right. WA me on 0834382667

37 minutes ago, copperhead said:

????????  this is all true. Maybe I should go and see the Munga winners come in. Go pitch my tent   at the finish. That could be a fun weekend. Not bad thinking Sir.

Bring my chainring with while you're at it please ????

I've also got a spare eggbeater available if needed and I'm in Brackenfell ????

Hello everyone, 

I have an 4cycle bike rack that is gathering dust in my garage. Unfortunately the car mount disappeared along with my car. 
If anyone can make use rack they are most welcome to it. The rack can hold three bikes.

Cheers

On 11/25/2021 at 4:24 PM, TheoG said:

Didn't want to start a completely new thread for this so hope its OK posting here.

I recently bought a used 12sp XTR cassette.  The spacer between the 4th and 3rd last cog did unfortunately not come with it.

Apparently the 12sp XT and SLX cassettes use the same spacer just in a different position.

Also its not the same as the HG (11 spd) spacers since it need to fit on the microspline freehub body and is thinner than the old HG spacers.

Any chance someone have one of these for me?

Ok finally got my old cassette off the bike:

OD:  36.5mm

ID:  33mm

0.9 mm Thick

Can you please check if you maybe have one.  Anyone maybe chucking an old worn out 12 spd cassette, please let me know.

Edited by TheoG

Looking for a 165mm crank.

24mm spindle, 1x chainring (chainring not needed though)

Looking to purchase.

9 minutes ago, Trashy said:

Looking for a 165mm crank.

24mm spindle, 1x chainring (chainring not needed though)

Looking to purchase.

Your best bet is likely new from Lyne. 

On 11/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Howzit, if anybody has either a 26" front wheel with 15mm thru axle, or a thru axle conversion kit for an American Classic hub, please let me know. 

I have American Classic end caps. No idea what they are but will dig around for them tmw and post pics of them . 

I am building my sons 24" parts onto a 26" frame. I have donated my super light American Classic wheels and RockShox Reba and I believe his bike will be awesome.

I installed some well used Formula R1 brakes for him some time ago but now the brake lines are too short for the new frame. I can make the rear brake line work for the front brake but need a new(or used) brake line for the rear brake. I only paid R500 for the set of used brakes and cannot imagine paying R700 for a new rear brake line.

Anyone have something more affordable available? A used brake line will be fine.

14 hours ago, Rolf Hansen said:

I am building my sons 24" parts onto a 26" frame. I have donated my super light American Classic wheels and RockShox Reba and I believe his bike will be awesome.

I installed some well used Formula R1 brakes for him some time ago but now the brake lines are too short for the new frame. I can make the rear brake line work for the front brake but need a new(or used) brake line for the rear brake. I only paid R500 for the set of used brakes and cannot imagine paying R700 for a new rear brake line.

Anyone have something more affordable available? A used brake line will be fine.

Hi Rolf

I have some used ones in the shop. your  welcome to pop in and check if one could work. free of course. we are based in Brakpan

On 12/2/2021 at 9:00 AM, mountian_hare said:

Hello everyone, 

I have an 4cycle bike rack that is gathering dust in my garage. Unfortunately the car mount disappeared along with my car. 
If anyone can make use rack they are most welcome to it. The rack can hold three bikes.

Cheers

Hi. Where are you located?

17 hours ago, Pikey said:

I have American Classic end caps. No idea what they are but will dig around for them tmw and post pics of them . 

Thanks, I'd be very grateful 

6 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Thanks, I'd be very grateful 

Found them but unfortunately they are 12 mm.

Don’t even know if they are front or rears but sadly 12 mm. 

Sorry mate .

B60DC410-2695-4D45-A5E7-C7DEFA986E00.jpeg

Edited by Pikey
Added image

15 hours ago, Pikey said:

Found them but unfortunately they are 12 mm.

Don’t even know if they are front or rears but sadly 12 mm. 

Sorry mate .

B60DC410-2695-4D45-A5E7-C7DEFA986E00.jpeg

That is too bad, but thank you for looking.