Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of tyres. Yes, anyone else could have flatted like Beers because they all run rather flimsy i.e light weight  casings, at rather low pressures. That said, I do not think Specilaized tyres are the best there are. even their heavier duty versions weep sealant and the casings fail before the tread is worn. Maxxis on the other hand...

According to them, they pushed real hard in the beginning and try to maintain a decent pace. Their faces was shot and you could see that they were suffering, Anika was really tired and not feeling well. they also said it was a long 5hrs. Anna said difference between road and mtb is that the pace is constant and you cannot rest and eating and feulling is difficult . but was a great stage for them they are happy.

If i am fired it is your fault.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

According to them, they pushed real hard in the beginning and try to maintain a decent pace. Their faces was shot and you could see that they were suffering, Anika was really tired and not feeling well. they also said it was a long 5hrs. Anna said difference between road and mtb is that the pace is constant and you cannot rest and eating and feulling is difficult . but was a great stage for them they are happy.

Thanks...

Or maybe they reckon he is on the juice...

According to my own interpretation based on not much else I would be very surprised if any of the top riders are not on PE's of some sorts.

People seem to often miss the fact that the biggest talents in cycling generally end up in road cycling... more money, more prestige, more professional.

Here now we have the world champ, Giro champ, queen of the classics and she's dutch to boot so definitely as tough as nails and likely been racing Cyclocross since she was a kid, so the lower technicality of the Epic (compared with XCO) not likely much of a challenge.

I seem to remember that she raced a couple of World Cup XCO's last year as well, so I also don't understand the comments of people wondering if she would cope with the technical bits.

Anna van der Breggen is a bit of a revelation to me actually. Many riders perform well at Cyclocross but not at MTB and vice versa. She's really proving herself to be incredibly talented and versatile

Tough day..

Love these picsd167d2119ba9801c362a389e166d9188.jpg3e0c130ce730369af94f695eefe2e9e6.jpg

That Summit chick looks broken

Good luck to the back markers

????

Anna van der Breggen is a bit of a revelation to me actually. Many riders perform well at Cyclocross but not at MTB and vice versa. She's really proving herself to be incredibly talented and versatile

Do you follow ladies racing.. not being snarky or anything just an honest question.

Edited by Gen