Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my big worry with Sam Gaze for this race. When he blows up it is spectacular. They are only the 4th best team in the Spez tent at the moment...

Who is piloting it? I know on BOOST mode they're bloody quick up the hills, but if memory serves the pilot was also a previous top level epic finisher, wasn't he? 

Wasn't it Brentjens that was on it in previous years?

Brentjens riding his first year as a Grand Master.

Aye.. the men are holding the ladies up

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Who is piloting it? I know on BOOST mode they're bloody quick up the hills, but if memory serves the pilot was also a previous top level epic finisher, wasn't he?

Wasn't it Brentjens that was on it in previous years?

It looks really strange watching SS with a backpack on a slack long travel bike keeping pace with the World and Eruo Champion and having to soft pedal every now and then!

That one oke wants a close up of Anna[emoji2955]

Epic legend Stefan Sahm

Brentjens riding his first year as a Grand Master.

It looks really strange watching SS with a backpack on a slack long travel bike keeping pace with the World and Eruo Champion and having to soft pedal every now and then!

YES! Stefan Sahm. So while the ebike is undoubtedly giving him a significant boost (250w extra is 250w extra, after all) Stefan isn't exactly a slowpoke himself... 

That was my big worry with Sam Gaze for this race. When he blows up it is spectacular. They are only the 4th best team in the Spez tent at the moment...

At least Alan and Matt can race their own race now. No more worrying about giving wheels to the 'main team'. They are decimating the other locals!

Was expecting a bit more of a tussle between them and Pyga, but it was not to be. Phill has more health issues than a state hospital.

Aaah Hermida..that guy...he is just awesome. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Epic legend Stefan Sahm

Stefan is on one of the bikes. They have three bikes out on the course I believe.

Also the e-bike is modified. Has a higher W.hr battery and the motor is not limited. Basically its an e-motorbike Can do 60km/hr I'm told.

Kinda wish Hatherley was pulled up to the A team. Somehow I think he may have done better than Gaze.... but maybe that's just a bit of patriotic bias.

Gaze has been racing XCO elites, Alan U23.

Gaze has beaten Nino.

Alan hasn't.

Kind of a no brainer who gets the call up. Alan will get his turn and it will be soon. 

Although they similar in age, Alan not having the pressure of stepping up to the main Epic team is a blessing in disguise

Stefan is on one of the bikes. They have three bikes out on the course I believe.

Also the e-bike is modified. Has a higher W.hr battery and the motor is not limited. Basically its an e-motorbike Can do 60km/hr I'm told.

Thomas Dietsch is doing running commentary on the ebike from behind the leadng ladies and he is a little out of breath :-)