Cape Epic 2019

AllAboutRides

What? Only right part there is Grotts fell ill. 

Ok so care to correct the story then please. That's what was conveyed by one of the commentators

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite ladies always seem to have to overtake slower riders which don't look like elite / masters riders. Is their batch straight after the elite men?

Following Avancini for a while now on Instagram, seems a bit of a cry baby, too much emotion imo, also love the ruthlessness of Nino.

Legend!

Pffft! Latinos.  :whistling:

Elite ladies always seem to have to overtake slower riders which don't look like elite / masters riders. Is their batch straight after the elite men?

No. It's elite men, A batch men, elite ladies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. It's elite men, A batch men, elite ladies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, looks to me that they should reverse the last two so there is less interference.

Any thiughts on this from the Hub oracles??

Howard Grotts fell ill remember. Gaze got the call up leaving Alan a little Cold. Alsn then asked if he could partner Matt because they';re mates and training buddies and Spaz agreed.

Probably the most inspired decision they could have made was giving Alan his way.

Matt will be the better rider of the 2 over the whole week. Matt has really been training lots the past year. He deserves the attention, and he is a stand up bloke. Like the opposite of Sam really.

Gaze appears to be suffering from the effects of his off yesterday

Gaze is a bit of a woes I'm afraid. I recall an innocuous looking crash in an XCO race and he immediately withdrew from the race but looked fine when interviewed. Has he had another crash since yesterday because the first one didnt look that serious. Flat track, softish ground. Poor JK, saddled with this guy.

Gaze is a bit of a woes I'm afraid. I recall an innocuous looking crash in an XCO race and he immediately withdrew from the race but looked fine when interviewed. Has he had another crash since yesterday because the first one didnt look that serious. Flat track, softish ground. Poor JK, saddled with this guy.

Not sure what happened in the second half of todays stage as they were on pace till about halfway.

Hmm, looks to me that they should reverse the last two so there is less interference.

Any thiughts on this from the Hub oracles??

Its a difficult one as the guys at the front of A batch is generally chasing a top 40 or 50 finish. So either the quick A batch man catches the ladies, or the ladies catches the back of the A bunch guys riding for a top 85... And they cannot really make the gaps between batches any bigger as the back markers will have even less time to finish.

In my opinion from riding last year in the A batch, what they are currently doing is the best solution. You definitely know that they are approaching as the lead bike politely asks you to let them pass at first opportunity. Then you slot in behind Kate Courtney and hang on for about a minute before she drops you...

Edited by RudolphP

An observation on the Epic mentality. It is quite clearly a dick swinging contest both here and on the course, judging by the comments after the race and those here with Epic bragging rights. SA is the only MTB venue where a single race defines MTB in the psyche's of so many riders. Whenever I encounter the deluded blinkered view of a sport that has so many facets, I cringe a bit.  The kind of aggro from the top riders and arrogance it instills in other participants is not something you see in other branches of the sport in my experience. Maybe its all the PE's, FTP's and VO2Max floating around... :-)  Either way its helluva entertaining.

Sam and Kulhavy finished 24 minutes behind Matt and Alan. Its going to be interesting to see how the team dynamics change and if Sam continues  :ph34r:

Sam confirmed on Twitter that he was in pain from head to toe for the entire stage today but he'll continue.

They are out of the running for a podium so I guess they'll support the other two teams now and go for a stage win on the time trial or grand finale...

Edited by RudolphP