Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

I think Christoph Sauser would counter argue - winner of 5 epics seems to think it works on marathon events. 

the corporation he ( and langvad ) ride for proved that low arms on the bar is even more aero .... + you don't look like A moron

Edited by BaGearA

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the corporation he ( and langvad ) ride for proved that low arms on the bar is even more aero .... + you don't look like A retard 

Why then would they (and other World Cup XC Riders) continue to ride like that then?

You're right though - 

Why then would they (and other World Cup XC Riders) continue to ride like that then?

You're right though - 

My best guess is they're core strentgh somehow lets them rest their bodies more while being so low 

I just find it stupid to put yourself in A position with that little control 

My best guess is they're core strentgh somehow lets them rest their bodies more while being so low 

I wouldnt bomb down a hill holding the fork, but on a flat piece of gravel road or some jeep track find this position quite comfy and seems to offer some relief to my lower back on the long rides.

This video was only done in Aug 2018, perhaps Sauser would have adjusted his aero position if he had this information.

The fork grabber position was still the second-fastest tested and only marginally so.

OR it's just another riding position resting some overworked group of muscles while also being very aero.  I'm no pro and on long distance rides I try a variety of hand positions to rest my tired body.  Moving hand position does provide a little bit of (real or imagined) relief.

For them it might just be risk vs rewards, they have higher appetite for taking those risks, backing their skill level.  The same as some people think it is ok to drive at 160km/h+ on the highway and others only 130km/h

For them it might just be risk vs rewards, they have higher appetite for taking those risks, backing their skill level.  The same as some people think it is ok to drive at 160km/h+ on the highway and others only 130km/h

They're also paid to take those risks