Canyon Aeroad - Read if you planning on purchasing one

button

The supertuck is really not that big a deal.  You are still very in control of the bike even if you're just an average bike handler at best.  Try it, if you dont have a Canyon you will be OK.  

One other comment, if you weigh 86kg and sitting on the top tube, even though it might feel like you're putting your entire weight on the TT, you're not.  The weight of your legs wont be on the TT and the way your knees bend also takes off a lot of weight.  

What do you mean average bike handler?

I can handle a bike rather well and there is no way I would supertuck in any organised cycle event unless I was either waaaaaayyy out in front with all the TV camera's on me, or way back on my own with not a single soul in sight.

Sorry, but the sooner this supertuck is banned the better.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look ma.. Supertuck...

I apologise for my lack of constructive additions to this thread, but I am attempting to entertain myself, hopefully a few of the forum goers get to crack a smile in an otherwise very serious, too stuck up world we live in.

I realise now how narcissistic I may sound, thinking that what I perceive as funny, to be the same for others. 

And I usedd "I" (referring to myself) 7 times in this thread. post

Edited by RocknRolla

Of course the luddites would choose a word that isn't real - just like the imaginary world of magic they live in  :devil:  :devil:

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=engineery  that's brilliant.

ha ha, of course it exists!

hahahahaha

The best part is 'Cipollini' IS an engineer!

With an MBA in engineery stuff as well. 

what the hell man, next thing you're going to make up some lie that I went to a fancy private school like Michaelhouse or Bishops

I can handle a bike rather well and there is no way I would supertuck in any organised cycle event unless I was either waaaaaayyy out in front with all the TV camera's on me, or way back on my own with not a single soul in sight.

The centrifugal forces will still keep your bike going in a straight line.  I'm not saying your should try to do corners at 90km/h in the ST but going down a straight road is really not that big a deal.  And going from the ST to normal standing position is probably about 0.5sec.  Hence me saying, not that big a deal.

Look ma.. Supertuck...

I apologise for my lack of constructive additions to this thread, but I am attempting to entertain myself, hopefully a few of the forum goers get to crack a smile in an otherwise very serious, too stuck up world we live in.

only thing that's cracking is OPs top-tube..

I strongly agree with you on this. I see this every Sunday morning on Suikerbossie. I spend most of my ride up the hill shaking my head. And that's a lot of head shaking coz I'm not exactly fast. VERY average weekend warriors doing the stupidtuck on their Sunday morning coffee run. WHAT FOR???

IMO it's just a matter of time before a guy highsides and flicks himself under a big ol SUV

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Maybe the cracking top tube is a built in safety feature to tell you that descending on the top tube is INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS and stupid and kinda pointless unless you are trying to win the GC in a grand tour?

this has been a great thread for two reasons:

*the above video

*the amount of times the word BRAKE has been used incorrectly without anyone getting riled up about it.

I really like Canyon.

A) their bikes are so hot even Nairo looks cool on them

B)they're disruptors. good luck to them

Better off doing it off the back where no one will see me moer off on my face

I strongly agree with you on this. I see this every Sunday morning on Suikerbossie. I spend most of my ride up the hill shaking my head. VERY average weekend warriors doing the supertuck on their Sunday morning coffee run. WHAT FOR???

IMO it's just a matter of time before a guy highsides and flicks himself under a big ol SUV

best time for a PR there is with a pumping NW-er late in the evening with no traffic... allegedly

best time for a PR there is with a pumping NW-er late in the evening with no traffic... allegedly

My only chance of a KOM on that hill disappeared when I sold my CBR. 

So, last night I went out specifically to try out this tuck thing. **** me, you are a lot braver than I am if you are willing to do that on a road bike at 90km/h.

I strongly agree with you on this. I see this every Sunday morning on Suikerbossie. I spend most of my ride up the hill shaking my head. And that's a lot of head shaking coz I'm not exactly fast. VERY average weekend warriors doing the stupidtuck on their Sunday morning coffee run. WHAT FOR???

I'm guilty of supertucking going up Suikers from Houtbay. 

In my defense I need every bit of aero going up there...

So, last night I went out specifically to try out this tuck thing. **** me, you are a lot braver than I am if you are willing to do that on a road bike at 90km/h.

a friend once said to me that there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Whichever it is depends on the outcome

Maybe the cracking top tube is a built in safety feature to tell you that descending on the top tube is INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS and stupid and kinda pointless unless you are trying to win the GC in a grand tour?

I s'pose those who still think it's acceptable to supertuck aren't like the palooka in this video.

No, definitely not. They're a cut above this palooka. They're much more experienced and know how to handle their bikes. THEY'RE not palookas.  :ph34r:

I s'pose those who still think it's acceptable to supertuck aren't like the palooka in this video.

No, definitely not. They're a cut above this palooka. They're much more experienced and know how to handle their bikes. THEY'RE not palookas. :ph34r:

You could almost say that they would have to be one level below pro.