Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Oh yeah[emoji106]

Steel is back[emoji3]

That is stunning.

For the first time since '98 we're back in the Tour peloton with a steel bike! Oliver Naesen will start stage 21 with this brand new Corsa. A steel bike with a custom geometry and a custom Retro design. #MyCorsa #ModernHeritage

Discover MyCorsa: http://bit.ly/My_Corsa

That is stunning.

Edited by Yo-Yo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youngest maillot jaune winner since WW2

Never won a stage (was likely to take the stage 19 victory)

Consistency

Cool head

2nd Tour de France

Never raced any other Grand Tour

Quite an athlete

Happy for Bernal!! Was the strongest once Pinot got injured so good win. Pinot not being there the last 2 days had a neg Impact.

To be a bit critical I would have loved to see Bernal launch a attack in the last 3 km just to make a statement.

The Movistar I will never get..Valverde clearly feeling good and no one in that group could match his pace at the end..why they did not use their numbers to get him to the line first I dont understand.Landa,Soler and Quintana wasting energy on attacks going nowhere. Perfectly placed to win that stage..

Interesting comments by Dan Martin about his energy levels doing a load shedding at the wrong time in the big stages, nothing there when he needed it.

He seems to have a mature approach to dealing with it, not like most sports stars who throw their toys out of cot when something doesnt work (Rohan Dennis?), rather he's keen to sit down and get to the bottom of it.

Lets hope there is something definitive in the outcome, there is so much hype and so little science among most of us using nutrition to fuel performance, it would be great to see if it can be proved that either the product didnt work or that it was incorrectly used or some other explanation.

Interesting comments by Dan Martin about his energy levels doing a load shedding at the wrong time in the big stages, nothing there when he needed it.

He seems to have a mature approach to dealing with it, not like most sports stars who throw their toys out of cot when something doesnt work (Rohan Dennis?), rather he's keen to sit down and get to the bottom of it.

Lets hope there is something definitive in the outcome, there is so much hype and so little science among most of us using nutrition to fuel performance, it would be great to see if it can be proved that either the product didnt work or that it was incorrectly used or some other explanation.

Seems he knows (or thinks he knows). Wonder if our own secret pro Mr Wakefield can shed some light.

The Movistar I will never get..Valverde clearly feeling good and no one in that group could match his pace at the end..why they did not use their numbers to get him to the line first I dont understand.Landa,Soler and Quintana wasting energy on attacks going nowhere. Perfectly placed to win that stage..

Who knows with Movistar. They have such a strong squad but seem addicted to this trident / co leadership path that keeps leaving them flat. There is always Quintana and Landa steaking their claim in the press weeks out from a GT and then the weirdest tactics. Honestly the best thing is those new DS that was working with them at the giro. Was it Max S or Charlie W? But that team looked like a different beast all together and got the job done with little fuss.

Let’s see who stay and who leaves at then did this year and hopefully that will help.

Happy for Bernal!! Was the strongest once Pinot got injured so good win. Pinot not being there the last 2 days had a neg Impact.

To be a bit critical I would have loved to see Bernal launch a attack in the last 3 km just to make a statement.

That would have been great but I think he was hanging with G to ensure he got his second place. From what I can see E is a relatively quiet person, not a showman and not one who feels he needs to flap his ego in the mountain breeze.

Edited by kosmonooit

The youngest maillot jaune winner since WW2

Never won a stage (was likely to take the stage 19 victory)

Consistency

Cool head

2nd Tour de France

Never raced any other Grand Tour

Quite an athlete

Quite so... 

actually, thinking about it, I'm quite disappointed for Bernal getting a moment in the hailstorm rather than than the moment in the sun

as an aside Froome didn't win a stage in 2017 (wasn't likely to win one either), yet won overall...

Seems he knows (or thinks he knows). Wonder if our own secret pro Mr Wakefield can shed some light.

Kristoff also said something similar yesterday. Somewhere UAE did something different or perhaps didn't do something different and it doesn't seemed to have worked..

I am no nutritionist but if there was something wrong with their nutrition that is a massive problem and the team will have to figure out what went wrong.

And to add it was a really difficult tour.. many riders and teams will be scratching their heads.

Edited by Gen

Kristoff also said something similar yesterday. Somewhere UAE did something different or perhaps didn't do something different and it doesn't seemed to have worked..

I am no nutritionist but if there was something wrong with their nutrition that is a massive problem and the team will have to figure out what went wrong.

And to add it was a really difficult tour.. many riders and teams will be scratching their heads.

Not as easy a nutrition issue. Team has done nothing different.

Edited by J Wakefield

Weather was extreme this year. I am no athlete in any leagues even resembling these supermen. I swim , cycle and run a little now and again.

I ventured out a little for a few short runs this week. By Thursday afternoon I was broken.

Quite possible the heat took it out of them. Even sleeping in these temps is sapping.

They will be back, 2020 awaits. Already looking forward to watching a stage or 2.

Weather was extreme this year. I am no athlete in any leagues even resembling these supermen. I swim , cycle and run a little now and again.

I ventured out a little for a few short runs this week. By Thursday afternoon I was broken.

Quite possible the heat took it out of them. Even sleeping in these temps is sapping.

They will be back, 2020 awaits. Already looking forward to watching a stage or 2.

Agreed these guys Are superhuman [emoji3133]

Did a few rides this week in the heat and can feel I’m sapped of energy.

Thought it was from babalas yesterday but still drained today[emoji85][emoji1787]

Four riders share the record for the most Grand Tour top 10 finishes (18): Gino Bartali, Pedro Delgado, Felice Gimondi and Alejandro Valverde.

Sauce @CafeRoubaix

For the first time in history, two Grand Tours are won in a year by non-European riders. ????????‍????????????‍????

Sauce @CafeRoubaix