Best bottle cage for seatpost mount?

NotSoBigBen

Any suggestions for which bottle cages work best for seatpost mount?

2 issues I've had, they break and some don't actually keep the bottle in very well [emoji36]

Profile design. I've dropped bottle with everything else I have tried on a seatpost mount. They have an elastic around the cage which keeps the bottle snug, as well as a tab which hooks onto the groove of the bottle.

Yet to drop a bottle with this cage.

post-82251-0-68321000-1538628592_thumb.jpg

Profile design. I've dropped bottle with everything else I have tried on a seatpost mount. They have an elastic around the cage which keeps the bottle snug, as well as a tab which hooks onto the groove of the bottle.

Ditto this. I am using it on my bike, on downtube and seatpost mount. Not once dropped a bottle. YET....

Does nothing for the aesthetics, ugly as sin, but function over form.  

I have an Elite bottle cage on the back and I've never dropped a bottle. It's also easy to remove and put back whilst riding. edit: The bottle, not the actual bottle cage. :P

post-7796-0-77088100-1538635071_thumb.png

Edited by Squier

Lezyne Flow

Just make sure the bottle grooves fit snugly in the cage

1339fcb794ff827564e64b3cb31fe7bf.jpg

:thumbup:  Have been using this with KCNC mounts for ages. Have never dropped a bottle !

I have an Elite bottle cage on the back and I've never dropped a bottle. It's also easy to remove and put back whilst riding. edit: The bottle, not the actual bottle cage. :P

I agree. Been using my Elite for a while now.. Strong and lightweight, never dropped a bottle before.5dbc55d2d3ecb48596a031a7e5d72603.jpg

Spez Rib Cage - holds a bottle like sh*t sticks to a carpet

Yeah I also run Rib Cages on my MTB, they work phenomenally. Until I put a rather heavy tool bottle under the seat and it snapped the cage clean off the mount when I hit a pretty big unsighted ditch.

Sell you bike and get one with a horizontal shock.... Problem solved #HorizontalBeatsVertical [emoji6]

Lezyne Flow

That's my cage of choice.

The combo of cage and bottle is also something to consider.

dis 

Lezyne Flow

If you going to use USN Bottles then use a heat gun to heat up the bottom tabs of the cage and bend them down a little as they have a slight rise as shown in the pic.

I'd definitely suggest the 'Lezyne Flow' too. Durable and haven't dropped a bottle yet even over the roughest terrain.

I use a Specialized Zee cage, I prefer the side load for behind the seatpost, have not lost a bottle yet.43014-2112.jpg

My seatpost mounted Specialized bottles didn't stand a chance on the corrugations in last year's Trans Baviaans.

Front one was fine though.