Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

Below is my data from a hillclimb event a month ago, not even 4 minutes but super hard...

Please mail me links to those activities and I will take a look (this is new stuff, could be buggy or need tuning). Probably (at least according to the power curves in Intervals.icu) your FTP is a bit low. If you don't want to change it you can increase the spike detection threshold for the ride and in settings for future rides.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I am going to have to dial this back a bit and bump the default power spike threshold up from 8% over your curve to 20% or so. Lots of people have FTPs set very low, easily 8% or more under what Intervals.icu thinks it should be.

People with dodgy power meters and correctly set FTP may need to tweak it down to eliminate enough of the spikes.

I think I am going to have to dial this back a bit and bump the default power spike threshold up from 8% over your curve to 20% or so. Lots of people have FTPs set very low, easily 8% or more under what Intervals.icu thinks it should be.

People with dodgy power meters and correctly set FTP may need to tweak it down to eliminate enough of the spikes.

Mine is about 20% to much along with my BF%

Small issue - I've updated an activity with a higher threshold, but when I close the intervals.icu tab, and reopen, the Power graph for the activity looks like it is still based on the default 8%. But the value at the bottom shows the updated value, for example 20%.

If I edit it again, and just select OK without changing the number, the graph updates correctly

Edited by HdB

I have been doing some work looking into the relationship between power and heartrate. Intervals.icu now includes a power vs HR chart for rides with power and heartrate.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-05-04 at 21.02.31.png

You can use the de-coupling % on an endurance ride to figure out if you have done enough aerobic riding. But be careful because this is heavily influenced by hydration levels, temperature, time of day etc..

I am going to be adding "Power @150 bpm" as a line on the fitness chart soon.

How do you get the decoupling % to reflect, is this a manual entry somewhere ?

On my graph it only shows power at 150 bpm and model fit.

I also don't see the 2 lines for 1st half of ride and 2nd half of ride

David does your calendar always sync with strava? What if I want to delete a ride from strava but would like to keep it on your calendar?

How do you get the decoupling % to reflect, is this a manual entry somewhere ?

On my graph it only shows power at 150 bpm and model fit.

I also don't see the 2 lines for 1st half of ride and 2nd half of ride

If it doesn't find more than 2h of data points for the chart (1m of avg HR vs avg power) then it doesn't show the decoupling. The ides is that is more something to look at on longer rides.

David does your calendar always sync with strava? What if I want to delete a ride from strava but would like to keep it on your calendar?

It will disappear from the calendar. You could just mark it private in Strava instead? As far as I know I am required to delete data obtained from the Strava API when a user does so.

Edited by davidtinker

If it doesn't find more than 2h of data points for the chart (1m of avg HR vs avg power) then it doesn't show the decoupling. The ides is that is more something to look at on longer rides.

Thank you David 

You can now see normalised watts and training load for each interval. Click the "Fields" button under the ride timeline chart to add them. These are only visible for newly analysed rides and rides you re-analyse by editing your FTP (you don't have to change it, just click it to edit and choose ok).

post-5083-0-64283400-1561185487_thumb.png

Apologies if this is a dumb question but how does one work out your W'J?

Edited by Andrew_Smith

Apologies if this is a dumb question but how does one work out your W'J?

You can get it from the /power page, its listed at the bottom of the chart for each power curve plotted. It represents how much work you can do above your critical power / FTP before blowing up. You can see how it works by adding the W'bal chart to the ride timeline view. When you are riding below FTP then it recovers. The model isn't perfect as it doesn't consider fatigue at all.

post-5083-0-99354800-1561207797_thumb.png

Uhm, I think there is only one feature that you haven't incorporated yet and that is the tool to decode the true meaning behind the words of the woman in your life... ;)

Seriously though, this is covering allot of very cool features already, well done.

Uhm, I think there is only one feature that you haven't incorporated yet and that is the tool to decode the true meaning behind the words of the woman in your life... ;)

She says she is "fine" :)