Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being admitted to hospital. Woke up with chest pains and severe abdominal pain at 02h00.

Went to the office and it got worst. Called the doctor and went to see him. It might be fluid on my lungs but will do a few tests.

So have yet another covid test to do as they are afraid that I might have covid as well. The doctor does not want me to leave the hospital today because I could get better or I could take a turn for the worst.

**** - hope it’s just indigestion. Stay strong

Most of the bloodwork and tests came back.

It is not Covid.

Not a blood clot and infection numbers are low... But my white blood cell count came in at 22000 (not sure of the range they work on, but the surgeon was not too happy about the number being so high) So something is not right, but they do not know what the cause could be.

I went for a barium x-ray today. Started at 09h00 and ended at around 12h00.

They wanted to establish how long it took for the food to travel from my stomach to the outlet. When I told the radiologist that I passed the first barium she was caught off guard. I was about 50 minutes faster than they expected.

Edited by Cois

Thanks for the update! Hope you are back home soon. 

Most of the bloodwork and tests came back.
It is not Covid.
Not a blood clot and infection numbers are low... But my white blood cell count came in at 22000 (not sure of the range they work on, but the surgeon was not too happy about the number being so high) So something is not right, but they do not know what the cause could be.

I went for a barium x-ray today. Started at 09h00 and ended at around 12h00.
They wanted to establish how long it took for the food to travel from my stomach to the outlet. When I told the radiologist that I passed the first barium she was caught off guard. I was about 50 minutes faster than they expected.

Who knew that an overweight person could be diagnosed with malnutrition?

Well... That is me. I am unable to absorb nutrition at this stage. The speed at what food passes makes it impossible to get any worthwhile nutrition from the food I eat.

So have been given a few additives to consume to make sure that I do not die. That explains the lightheadedness and why I started having all kinds of trouble.

And healing all of a sudden started slowing down. The place where I had a drain stopped healing. And it might be the site of the infection.

But I am feeling better, just bored out of my skull. I hate being in the hospital!

Sounds like something they can treat .... which is always good news

That is correct.

It is the first time in a very long time that food stayed in me for longer than two hours... feels weird not to poo out everything that I eat within an hour

Well... That is me. I am unable to absorb nutrition at this stage. The speed at what food passes makes it impossible to get any worthwhile nutrition from the food I eat.

So have been given a few additives to consume to make sure that I do not die. That explains the lightheadedness and why I started having all kinds of trouble.

And healing all of a sudden started slowing down. The place where I had a drain stopped healing. And it might be the site of the infection.

But I am feeling better, just bored out of my skull. I hate being in the hospital!

That's great news, I assume they have you on a regiment of multi-vitamins and minerals then.

Heal up, and you will be out the hospital chop chop.....

That’s positive. Stay strong China

Glad you are feeling better and it's a positive that they have identified one of the problems. 

Stay strong!