Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doctor swung by this AM. Infection still in the hundreds So I can’t go home due to covid where I will have to wait 24 hours at least before I can back to hospital.

He wants to do an xray tomorrow to check the flow if my insides because something feels off to him. So you drink some marker and they check where it lingers where it should not.

Just hope I do not need another enema again

Holding thumbs for you for today Cois.

Seems like another change of plans. No xray.

Infection numbers are still high. But I think I am going to ask the doctor to send me home to recover at home and to get back to work.

I have not slept for the past 3 evenings. I can’t muck about waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing is happening.

Doc also want’s me to consume 1 pack of Marie Biscuits per day to help my tummy to settle.

Have to share this (kinda funny) but went to the bathroom at 02h00. Now I have not farted for a very long time as that ability was kinda removed. So I had the pleasure of waking a ward up at 02h00 this morning with one of the most thunderous farts I have ever let rip. I even made one lady cry (she has a mental problem and the blast was to much for her) when I left the bathroom three nurses came to check up on me to make sure I was okay.

Seems like another change of plans. No xray.

Infection numbers are still high. But I think I am going to ask the doctor to send me home to recover at home and to get back to work.

I have not slept for the past 3 evenings. I can’t muck about waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing is happening.

Doc also want’s me to consume 1 pack of Marie Biscuits per day to help my tummy to settle.

Have to share this (kinda funny) but went to the bathroom at 02h00. Now I have not farted for a very long time as that ability was kinda removed. So I had the pleasure of waking a ward up at 02h00 this morning with one of the most thunderous farts I have ever let rip. I even made one lady cry (she has a mental problem and the blast was to much for her) when I left the bathroom three nurses came to check up on me to make sure I was okay.

awesome story, bet you felt soooo good after that fart

I am going home today.

Till have a high infection number, but I need to sleep and to het out of the hospital.

The staff became NAFI last night and caused a world of crap for themselves after they closed our room doors, disconnected the drip line from my CVP and left it like that. I was in a world of pain and the nurse did not even ask if I needed anything for pain. At 23h30 a nurse came to switch of the lights (she does not even work for the hospital but is a session worker) and she helped with meds, gave me my other meds and saw that the CVP line ran again.

I still have to go see the management as I already notified them that the staff had a weird attitude last night.

I am going home today.

Till have a high infection number, but I need to sleep and to het out of the hospital.

The staff became NAFI last night and caused a world of crap for themselves after they closed our room doors, disconnected the drip line from my CVP and left it like that. I was in a world of pain and the nurse did not even ask if I needed anything for pain. At 23h30 a nurse came to switch of the lights (she does not even work for the hospital but is a session worker) and she helped with meds, gave me my other meds and saw that the CVP line ran again.

I still have to go see the management as I already notified them that the staff had a weird attitude last night.

Glad you are going home but sorry to hear of your pain.

Stay strong.

You seriously need to try the Alkaline water I suggested. I can put your touch with people who have gained good recovery results to sway your vote... 

I am going home today.

That’s just poor behaviour, sorry to hear, hope you feel better soon

They did a KRAS Mutation and Genetic test, but that was all.

I will discuss this with the new oncologist (I am leaving Dr Bouwer at Wilgers because the cancer spread like a wild fire and he took 0 action but waste money with an MRI) when I see him next month. The surgery has kina pushed things way back and out of schedule.

Thanks for posting this MrJacques

Had a consult with the new oncologist today.

He is going to request a test of the immunotherapy that he wants to start me on. So we will know if cancer will react to the therapy before we start with it. He has a plan B in place if it does not work.

At least the doctor said that if the medical aid does not cover the therapy there are alternative options.

So it is not like the other oncologist that ruined our finances.

One thing is that the doctor thinks of his patients. He was worried about my pain levels (I am still very tender where the surgery took place) and said I was not going to get a gold star for living in pain.

Will know next week what the results of the new therapy was, and will then know the path forward.

Had a consult with the new oncologist today.

He is going to request a test of the immunotherapy that he wants to start me on. So we will know if cancer will react to the therapy before we start with it. He has a plan B in place if it does not work.

At least the doctor said that if the medical aid does not cover the therapy there are alternative options.

So it is not like the other oncologist that ruined our finances.

One thing is that the doctor thinks of his patients. He was worried about my pain levels (I am still very tender where the surgery took place) and said I was not going to get a gold star for living in pain.

Will know next week what the results of the new therapy was, and will then know the path forward.

Jip, when my wife was being treated I don not remember once being advised of the costs involved.

They racked up super quickly too...

Good luck with the new oncologist, having more confidence in the doctor is key to remaining positive