Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer - the long winding road it has become

Cois

Francois just read through this entire topic, i trust the op went well! Lost my Dad to Cancer Feb 2018, stay strong my friend, praying for you!! 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Hub Land!

First off, thanks for all the support i have received form my diagnosis.

The operation was a rather large operation. I have tried composing a message, but have not been able to finish a message. The leep monster is lurking in every tap of the screen.

The surgeon removed a fair bit of colon again (40-50cm’s) and another 40cm’s of my small intestines.

Doctor spoke to me yesterday, but this far sounds like the whole procedure went well. There will be a few implications for me, but it is better than the alternatives.

I have walked around quite a bit yesterday. Being stuck in bed sucks big time.

Will update with any news that I receive

09h30: got my nose tube removed and asked them to stop the morphine. My oxygen stats are great so they took me off Oxygen as well now.

Edited by Cois

Good morning Hub Land!

First off, thanks for all the support i have received form my diagnosis.

The operation was a rather large operation. I have tried composing a message, but have not been able to finish a message. The leep monster is lurking in every tap of the screen.

The surgeon removed a fair bit of colon again (40-50cm’s) and another 40cm’s of my small intestines.

Doctor spoke to me yesterday, but this far sounds like the whole procedure went well. There will be a few implications for me, but it is better than the alternatives.

I have walked around quite a bit yesterday. Being stuck in bed sucks big time.

Will update with any news that I receive

09h30: got my nose tube removed and asked them to stop the morphine. My oxygen stats are great so they took me off Oxygen as well now.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

All the best Cois, rooting for you!

Are you still Kloof Hospital? Very close to me so please drop me a pm if you need anything

that is correct Escapee.

Problem is that the CoT screwed the rules on visitors.

My wife can visit me for 15 minutes today. And that is it. The next time I will see her will be the day I am discharged unless that can get it into the thick skulls of the managers at CoT to change the visitors hours from 11h00 to 19h00 and not from 11h00 to 17h00.

But that battle is being taken on today.

A bit extreme just for weight loss isn’t it? [emoji12]

Glad you’re sounding okay there.

Just checking in how you are doing today Cois?

hi Red Robin

Not so well. Due to the none use of my arse I have to wear nappies at the moment. my inflammation number is very very high. The surgeon placed me on a normal diet, and that was a huge no-no. My innards are not able to process or digest yet. My colon has no water absorption capabilities yet. So I can’t keep anything down or in me. Spoke to the dietician this afternoon and she is working out a new diet plan for me.

It still first pretty good, like when you try to sleep, and the constant loo visits are catching me.

They allowed my wife to visit me today as I fell into severe depression and I am thinking that I made the wrong choice on the reversal. So at least I got to see my pillar, even if it was for a short time.

Strength to you.

Hopefully this is one of those things that won’t take too long to get past and will be worth it when you compare to the benefits later.

Good luck.

Doctor swung by this AM. Infection still in the hundreds So I can’t go home due to covid where I will have to wait 24 hours at least before I can back to hospital.

He wants to do an xray tomorrow to check the flow if my insides because something feels off to him. So you drink some marker and they check where it lingers where it should not.

Just hope I do not need another enema again