Cyclists on the Franschhoek pass

Titleist

I drove from Villiersdorp to Franschhoek via the pass yesterday and came across a female cycling team/friends going towards Franschhoek in DOUBLE file, right of the yellow line, up the pass. And a mens team towards Villiersdorp also DOUBLE file, right of the yellow line, up the pass.

Now I know it's convenient to cycle chatting with your friends in double file especially on a day like yesterday i.e hot, no wind, views to die for etc. 

BUT

The pass is NOT made for cars and cyclists and trucks especially when cyclists are riding double file doing 20km/h or less. There is an on-purpose (not accident) waiting to happen. If  you cycle double file you are putting yourself in danger on purpose!

Come ladies and gents, we all put in hours worth of training, it's not worth losing your skin and maybe your life cycling up blind corners right of the yellow line.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tenor.gif

original.gif

Be sure to post this again when there is another thread about a cyclist knocked down somewhere. I'll give you a written guarantee that there will be one some time. It's just a matter of time before someone is knocked down on the pass or off the pass for that matter.

Edited by Titleist

Mr Titleist, as a fellow cyclist, concerned that their behavior might lead to injuries or death, did you stop to inform them that you find their actions to be dangerous?

Or did you just blast past them as as soon as the opprtunity arised, and as fast as you could?

If you did not take the time to inform them, why not? You were there on the scene, whilst this "crime" was being committed.

To come here and moan, after the fact, will not change their behavior, as they are wholly unaware of your rant here.

Mr Titleist, as a fellow cyclist, concerned that their behavior might lead to injuries or death, did you stop to inform them that you find their actions to be dangerous?

Or did you just blast past them as as soon as the opprtunity arised, and as fast as you could?

If you did not take the time to inform them, why not? You were there on the scene, whilst this "crime" was being committed.

To come here and moan, after the fact, will not change their behavior, as they are wholly unaware of your rant here.

no cause its easier coming here and doing it behind his keyboard

Be sure to post this again when there is another thread about a cyclist knocked down somewhere. I'll give you a written guarantee that there will be one some time. It's just a matter of time before someone is knocked down on the pass or off the pass for that matter.

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

I thought you Wannabe the one to break the news to them. Especially since you can find space on the pass to park and have a chat to them.

They will read this, I'm positive.

What does it help to come and moan here a day later? You are not saving lives that way. 

If you told them at the time you would be saving lives. Now it just looks like you are a moaning

Edited by Quagga

I thought you Wannabe the one to break the news to them. Especially since you can find space on the pass to park and have a chat to them.

i would have wound the window down and and told them as I passed.

There are also many areas where you could have pulled over for a chat.....if you DID REALLY CARE

Is there not a number of Lookout Points on the pass, both sides?

Surely if it caused so much angst in you, you could have stopped at one of the lookout points, and corrected them in the error of their ways.

I mean really, if it bothered you that much, do something about it, there and then.

What does it help to come and moan here a day later? You are not saving lives that way. 

If you told them at the time you would be saving lives. Now it just looks like you are a moaning

i would have wound the window down and and told them as I passed.

There are also many areas where you could have pulled over for a chat.....if you DID REALLY CARE

You have the right to your wrong opinion.