2019 SA Road National Championships

BMCfan

The lack of publicity just defies logic.  Gauteng champs was the same.  The only way I could find the info was asking on The Hub - and I was my groups defending champion.  (Alas not any more).

I must say that since introducing electronic timing these events have improved.  Racing is always hard but the numbers - especially in the older groups - is disappointing. 

Should CSA take any responsibility for this...?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should CSA take any responsibility for this...?

My opinion?  No they should not.  

Nationals should be about the National champ.  Not about a 50 or 60 year old trying to show he is the fastest on a specific day.

Nationals.....like in the rest of the world.....should be reserved for the Elites.  The professionals that does it for a living.

But that's just me

Nationals should be about the National champ.  Not about a 50 or 60 year old trying to show he is the fastest on a specific day.

Nationals.....like in the rest of the world.....should be reserved for the Elites.  The professionals that does it for a living.

But that's just me

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

this, 'cause then said toppie will brag to everyone he is the national champ (after he competed against no one but himself)

But that's just me

Like that american? old toppie that got caught doping in his national champs and he was the only one riding. Or it was a track champs or something like that.

No ... I think it is cause the circuit is Brutal .

Scared a lot of people off ...

Is this still the same circuit as 2002.....or was it 2001

Think we did 10 or 12 laps +/- 120km

Remember it....?

Mind you, you probably done so many since then it’s faded into the mists if time...

Is this still the same circuit as 2002.....or was it 2001

Think we did 10 or 12 laps +/- 120km

Remember it....?

Mind you, you probably done so many since then it’s faded into the mists if time...

It is the same... was talking about it the other day, trying to remember who won. Barloworld at the time were on a different planet to the local riders - think it was either Ryan Cox(RIP) or Tiaan Kannemeyer who won it.

De bod TT

Gibbons road

Moolman Pasio probs to take both as she is really so far ahead of the SA pack currently

De Bod and Impey should be super close...

Reckon Gibbons is the back up plan for DD if it stays as a smallish bunch with Impey. DD will use their strength and numbers to pull this all apart though I am pretty certain. Should be awesome racing

My opinion? No they should not.

Nationals should be about the National champ. Not about a 50 or 60 year old trying to show he is the fastest on a specific day.

Nationals.....like in the rest of the world.....should be reserved for the Elites. The professionals that does it for a living.

But that's just me

Rest of the world.,...

I’ve seen a few here in switz that also cater for the age groups and I bet you the the rest of the cycling world do the same.

It’s called participation, cycling for all....

It is the same... was talking about it the other day, trying to remember who won. Barloworld at the time were on a different planet to the local riders - think it was either Ryan Cox(RIP) or Tiaan Kannemeyer who won it.

Will be cool to stream live

Was one of the few RR SA’s that I did, enjoyed it immensely despite getting my ass handed to me by Andrew Maclean and the other team manne....

Whatever happened to Tiaan? Where in the world is he?