his OP is trying to "peddle" himself.

to ...too

pedal ....peddle

helmet...Helmut

know the bloody difference  :clap:  :offtopic:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As it stands about 93% of them. If they not, we need to know why and how we going to correct that going forward.

My 80% rule is a general rule that you need to follow 80% of the prescription. This is mainly applies to non Pros like people who still work jobs, have families etc. There is a thing called life it happens. However, in saying that I have those athletes who would make and a "Pro" look like a joke in terms of focus.

If you cant follow 80% of the program in general you wasting my time and your money and I often change a coaching category or call it off until such time that the athlete can focus and get to it. 

Often when they dont follow they will do the easy sessions like 1.5hr recovery not the key sessions which are important.

My time and your money is important and Im personally not happy or interested to take money and do nothing like a lot of coaches are and let a athlete just do whatever. I want to see you progress and see the results you working hard for. Wether that is Alan winning World Champs or Piet Pompies going from a 5hr to a 4hr Argus. That gives me and you satisfaction of a team work job well done. 

Thats me.

I cant comment on Willie's stuff - please dont take it personally. 

93% is pretty solid.

No worries

As it stands about 93% of them. If they not, we need to know why and how we going to correct that going forward.

My 80% rule is a general rule that you need to follow 80% of the prescription. This is mainly applies to non Pros like people who still work jobs, have families etc. There is a thing called life it happens. However, in saying that I have those athletes who would make and a "Pro" look like a joke in terms of focus.

If you cant follow 80% of the program in general you wasting my time and your money and I often change a coaching category or call it off until such time that the athlete can focus and get to it. 

Often when they dont follow they will do the easy sessions like 1.5hr recovery not the key sessions which are important.

My time and your money is important and Im personally not happy or interested to take money and do nothing like a lot of coaches are and let a athlete just do whatever. I want to see you progress and see the results you working hard for. Wether that is Alan winning World Champs or Piet Pompies going from a 5hr to a 4hr Argus. That gives me and you satisfaction of a team work job well done. 

Thats me.

I cant comment on Willie's stuff - please dont take it personally. 

Awesome. The only coach I ever had, I ditched the instant he sent me a training plan with someone else's name in it. Realised I was paying for copypasta. Waste of my money and his CTRL-C/CTRL-V.

Awesome. The only coach I ever had, I ditched the instant he sent me a training plan with someone else's name in it. Realised I was paying for copypasta. Waste of my money and his CTRL-C/CTRL-V.

If he/she uses a base template then sometimes a name is missed when using it but it doesn't mean you got J Smith's program. However, there is also a strong possibility you did.

Hello Clint,

I support your enthusiasm to cycle!

Feature in the local scene first, ride SA's, win a tough ride or two, easy to sit the 100km mass timed fun rides, however 162km of criterium racing shows the tenacity and abilities of cyclists.

The route raced last weekend in Pretoria enabled many young riders to showcase their abilities.

A punishing route, however see the number of young riders who turned up at the end of the race, how many did not pull out, however fought their way to the end...... These are the riders that sponsors, team agents are looking for. As much as we think cycling is about the individual it is a group of individuals combining as a team and providing entertainment for the viewer/enthusiast/supporter. People tend to follow extraordinary efforts rather than promises of greatness.

Gain the respect of the audience, fellow competitors, team mates. Generate a following through your commentary of these tough events where the team worked to the end and you will find the support for ventures/dreams more feasible and forthcoming.

I suggest building a reputation here first, show three good seasons, work and save as much as you can, then sponsor yourself to visit international circuit racing ( post TDF criterium racing, Belgium mid week street racing). Build a career in SA, build a following and your "Dreams" can be realised.

I wish you well and will keep an eye on your progress, get up, get out, start training, showcase the product - "Clinton"

What Santa2 said!

With DiData having a feeder team in SA the route into Pro Tour riding is waaaay easier than Robbie Hunter and Co had it.

I would suggest developing a racing relationship with the feeder team - find out their schedule, follow them around the country when they're racing here, race hard, play fair, get noticed.

What Santa2 said!

With DiData having a feeder team in SA the route into Pro Tour riding is waaaay easier than Robbie Hunter and Co had it.

I would suggest developing a racing relationship with the feeder team - find out their schedule, follow them around the country when they're racing here, race hard, play fair, get noticed.

Wise words son

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like your best bet would be to get a bursary?........

That's just for buying bikes..... but we digress!

If he/she uses a base template then sometimes a name is missed when using it but it doesn't mean you got J Smith's program. However, there is also a strong possibility you did.

I actually know a "J Smith" ... he has won the Trans Baviaans.  :thumbup:

So maybe getting THIS training program might take the amateur out of his comfort zone ...  :eek:  :oops:

Okay, yes I do get the point you were trying to make though  :thumbup:

Archived