Another doping Violation - Rickardo Broxham

Pure Savage

Kynoselen is NOT an anabolic steroid.

Why does everyone only see Heptaminol as a prescription drug for low BP? Its found in a lot of different products. I don’t want to list brands/products, but Heptaminol is found in several products that supposedly prevents cramps, or aid recovery. Its found in some haemorrhoid meds, toothpastes and mouth washes, in headache tabs, etc.

I’m sure many of us has ingested Heptaminol inadvertently via these products.

Note that I am not condoning the ingestion of any banned substances, deliberately or inadvertently

The overlap between low blood pressure and orthostatic hypotension is probably not well understood by the general public.... but the treatment of orthostatic hypotension is the only use of heptaminol I have seen, although its effectivity is questionable.

It's not impossible that he could have been treated for post exercise hypotension with it - some people do seem to suffer from that regularly - and it mimics orthostatic hypotension quite nicely.

Just speculation on my part.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit it spot on, dont know why people must be so quick to judge and label other people. Dunno if the Pure savage account is run by several guys or just one person, but maybe they shouldnt have indulged themselves in the person's misfortune etc so quickly, and maybe keep your single minded opinion to yourself just a little while longer. From what is said the kid prob didnt even know he was taking the stuff plus it has zero performance gain. 

Kynoselen is NOT an anabolic steroid.
Why does everyone only see Heptaminol as a prescription drug for low BP? Its found in a lot of different products. I don’t want to list brands/products, but Heptaminol is found in several products that supposedly prevents cramps, or aid recovery. Its found in some haemorrhoid meds, toothpastes and mouth washes, in headache tabs, etc.

I’m sure many of us has ingested Heptaminol inadvertently via these products.

Note that I am not condoning the ingestion of any banned substances, deliberately or inadvertently

You hit it spot on, dont know why people must be so quick to judge and label other people. Dunno if the Pure savage account is run by several guys or just one person, but maybe they shouldnt have indulged themselves in the person's misfortune etc so quickly, and maybe keep your single minded opinion to yourself just a little while longer. From what is said the kid prob didnt even know he was taking the stuff plus it has zero performance gain.

The Savages have been known to speak too quickly sometimes. But do know that they are good people and mostly do mean well.

As for the kid, let’s wait and see how it unfolds.

Heptaminol has little to no performance enhancing effect. I doubt improvements would have been shown in testing.

If deliberately used for doping, it is also often just used during events. Its typically fully excreted within 24hours.

I remember a while back on a thread where someone created another profile(think he called himself "dope to win" or something like that) and then came here to spill the beans on his own doping. He created it because he was supposedly a frequent poster and we all knew him. He said that he often used to dope for recovery and not performance enhancement. He would then be able to train so much harder and longer day in and day out. What ever he took used to mask the pain and just allow him to go bos. Then come race season he would stop and he was super duper fit and "clean".

Its run by one person, mostly unless I cant be bothered. 

Did not indulge in any person's misfortune, I posted an official CSA press release. 

I did not post via via via the grapevine comments or rumours. 

I then stated the test came back at jr world champs and asked why this doping violation was just labeled a warning to others and not the same as every other press release.

I just dont like dopers. I have been to a few world champs myself and have had to comply with TUE's etc I went through the whole effort of checking what medication I was on and what is on the safelist and what required a TUE. I was not even a professional and 4/6 world champs I was a junior and at first 17, so I do not see that as an excuse. 

If you want to be a "pro" cyclist this is one of the things you need to do, otherwise people just make excuses for each doper that gets caught.

• 3 years later...
On 4/3/2022 at 6:54 PM, Job said:

Ricardo has bounced back with a win of Groot Trap, well done to him!

Not too sure what you're saying here? Was he busted some time ago?

37 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Thread title? 

40 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

At least read the opening page and you'll find the answers you're looking for.

What was the verdict on the original suspension? Was the B sample positive or negative?

29 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Wonder what the goal was reviving this topic…

Same. Haven't made up my mind how I feel about the topic