E Bike cheats

waynen

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to generalize, but I totally agree, a Wildtrak with a winch pumping David Guetta is so last season. And to add insult to injury the winch is "E" lectric just like an ebike.

And the stuff you said about ebikes. Thats also true.

Generalise? That means making a comment that is widely applicable or to large groups.

How big is the group of people that ride an eBikes in timed MTB races AND Call their friends chyna AND used to cheat at golf AND drink and drive AND Listen to David Guetta Titaaaaaniuuuummmmm AND drive an a Wildtrak for this to be a generalization?

If this population exists somewhere, we need to send in documentary team.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that about 3 million people watch WWE, so it is a pretty large group.

Edited by Patchelicious

Generalise? That means making a comment that is widely applicable or to large groups.

How big is the group of people that ride an eBikes in timed MTB races AND Call their friends chyna AND used to cheat at golf AND drink and drive AND Listen to David Guetta Titaaaaaniuuuummmmm AND drive an a Wildtrak for this to be a generalization?

If this population exists somewhere, we need to send in documentary team.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that about 3 million people watch WWE, so it is a pretty large group.

WWE is just a bunch of people pretending to be Cross and Fit.

What's with all the references to golf?

When cycling became the “new golf”, according to every CMO in the financial services sector in SA, things changed. For the better mostly though.

IMO that won't work either, not enough e-bikes out there, so an e-bike event would have like maybe 50 riders. Look at SS events, not many participants when comparing to geared events.

Allow them in normal MTB events but they start in the first batch maybe 15 minutes before the A batch starts, that way they will not interfere with the rest of the field. Also give the normal peddlers something to chase - Imagine the bragging rights "I caught and passed 9 e-bikes"

If wifey on an e-bike wants to ride with hubby on his normal bike then he has to start with her in the e-bike batch.

No podium, prizes or official times for e-bike cat.

They should impose and enforce a "Give way" rule. So an e-bike always has to give way to a normal bike in any situation. Like they do in boating, Motor power vessels always have to give way to wind power vessels. So on a single track climb, descent or flat, the e-bike must wait until he has a gap to pass and must give way to

In a group if the e-bike rider wants to stay with the group they must be relegated to the back of the group.

E-bikes have entered the MTB arena in a big way, now they coming into Road as well, no doubt next will be gravel. Event organizers need to find a way to accommodate everyone. Maybe not everyone will be happy, but even without e-bikes, not everyone is happy

There are not many of us singlespeeders left anymore. I can't compete with an ebike

Holy smoke this topic got some traction. It seems that some agree, some dont and well for some poor souls lets just say they are special.

I think the underlying message here is that there are groups of individuals that ride bicycles for different reasons. We should respect each others choices including those that ride Ebikes, they are not going away and if the trend carrys on there will be more and more on the trails in years to come.

I think because its relatively early days we are in a transition period with Ebikes and im sure as the numbers grow event organisers will categorise them accordingly. Strava will probably start to look for ways to automatically detect Ebikes i.e. how many normal riders will see their heart rate recover during a climb.

In the interim Ebike riders need to be respectfull of the fact that operating a powered bike in a bicycle race or posting a ride to Strava will be an issue to those that hold this part of the hobby/sport important to them.

Why does this thread even exist ???

Because when it comes to the request for understanding and respect of those who stand for fair play in sport, some people apparently require an eBrain to help them get up the hill. Now we're not talking about eBrains being unnecessary in areas like traffic, politics, etc. Just in sports competitions like quizzes, chess, etc.

Because it seems some people dont understand the below.....

snip

In the interim Ebike riders need to be respectfull of the fact that operating a powered bike in a bicycle race or posting a ride to Strava will be an issue to those that hold this part of the hobby/sport important to them.

For the same reason women are complaining about transgender former men competing against them in various sports.

It's called (the absence of) an even playing field.

surely its either sub 3 or try again next year...

In mass participation events i suspect that time is much more important to most people than position and most would choose to finish 361st in 2h59 than 3h01 and "top 250" at CTCT.

Which brings me to my (slight) gripe.

I had a really k@k 94.7 last year and just missed my targeted time. Had I jumped onto the bunch drafting behind two e-bikes on the drag into the headwind on the M2, I would have made it.

I felt it a bit unjust that others took the advantage, but then again, I drafted a tandem which was also mechanically superior to a single and in a different category because of it.

So no real complaints.

I do believe it was unjust, but it's lowest common denominator human behaviour.

As for your comment about the tandem, a greyer area I'd say. More efficient, yes. Downhill, certainly. Uphill? Depends on the riders I'd guess. However one looks at it, tandems don't put more power on the road than the riders develop, unlike an ebike...

In mass participation events i suspect that time is much more important to most people than position and most would choose to finish 361st in 2h59 than 3h01 and "top 250" at CTCT.

Which brings me to my (slight) gripe.

I had a really k@k 94.7 last year and just missed my targeted time. Had I jumped onto the bunch drafting behind two e-bikes on the drag into the headwind on the M2, I would have made it.

I felt it a bit unjust that others took the advantage, but then again, I drafted a tandem which was also mechanically superior to a single and in a different category because of it.

So no real complaints.