The Munga 2019

Ramrod

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You were not there, you do not know what these guys have gone through, you have no idea of the dynamics of the situation. Take your itchy nuts and get on the start line to appreciate, else take your comfy armchair watching elsewhere next year if it's that much of an issue for you!!

Been there twice before, thank you very much. Perhaps you need to take some of your own advice, before assuming I have no idea what they have gone through, or of the "situation".

China - obscure in the context of, apart from families and friends of those riding, plus the hub population representatives, I would be surprised (although I don’t know) of many others watched or followed the race. Their YouTube channel is not really used and they hardly have a massive social media presence. My point was more about them not riding for our entertainment.

Frankly, if they chose to ride across the lines whilst gently fondling each other’s testicles, having decided to do so 6 weeks before, then that is their business. Do you think that they are riding to entertain you somehow?

Please point me in the direction where I said they were there to entertain?

I have made my point very clear. I will say it one last time: Calling a truce 80km's from the finish is a joke.

It seems one cannot, or may not have an opinion on the matter, if you've never been there before (according to mr Shaper).

I'm trying to work out what has some people's knickers in a knot. Right up to the finish we had no idea who was leading, whether they were going at each other hammer and tongs or not. Those of us dot watching were absolutely glued to our various devices as we speculated on all three outcomes with a "draw" being the eventual outcome. We weren't robbed of anything.

I see that ST and MB also have the same finishing time should we be upset with that too? If so why?

Been there twice before, thank you very much. Perhaps you need to take some of your own advice, before assuming I have no idea what they have gone through, or of the "situation".

Don't care if you been there, done it, you were not there at the time to know the dynamics of what each of the guys were feeling, discussed or agreed, so take you tone elsewhere!!  As mentioned they are riding for themselves, not for your pleasure or even your criticism... even if you didn't like to outcome!!

Point us to your results as you say you done it? 

Edited by shaper

I'm trying to work out what has some people's knickers in a knot. Right up to the finish we had no idea who was leading, whether they were going at each other hammer and tongs or not. Those of us dot watching were absolutely glued to our various devices as we speculated on all three outcomes with a "draw" being the eventual outcome. We weren't robbed of anything.

I see that ST and MB also have the same finishing time should we be upset with that too? If so why?

I can hardly speak from experience in a race of this magnitude,but it is a race after all and to agree long before the finish to not race is a let down and in my opinion devalues the event.

Before you hardened dot watchers shoot me down,just bear in mind that we are all entitled to our opinions 

I can hardly speak from experience in a race of this magnitude,but it is a race after all and to agree long before the finish to not race is a let down and in my opinion devalues the event.

Before you hardened dot watchers shoot me down,just bear in mind that we are all entitled to our opinions

I have no problem with guys being dissapointed with a particular outcome (I actually thought Benky won) but it does not deserve much more emotion than disappointment some guys are downright upset and getting nasty to boot. All this in a race where finishing is the primary achievement and finishing under a certain time secondary for the majority of the field.

I have no problem with guys being dissapointed with a particular outcome (I actually thought Benky won) but it does not deserve much more emotion than disappointment some guys are downright upset and getting nasty to boot. All this in a race where finishing is the primary achievement and finishing under a certain time secondary for the majority of the field.

On both sides of the fence meneer.

Anyway,I am sure that for the top end of the field,time is the criteria.Thats why they withdraw.Whats the point in putting yourself through the wringer just to finish

On both sides of the fence meneer.

Anyway,I am sure that for the top end of the field,time is the criteria.Thats why they withdraw.Whats the point in putting yourself through the wringer just to finish

I agree with you, it's interesting what both TR and KB said at the last water point and at the finish. They were both super chuffed at finishing in 56 hours, so they feel that they achieved their objective, I just don't get why we should be upset with them.