2020 Tour de France

pista

We had to make changes to the Burgos team at the last minute with reserves due to some riders not being covered by insurance if they flew into Spain from their home country. Their country said cool, you can go but if you fall ill, you on your own and no medical insurance etc. 

I would really like to see the TdF go ahead this year but looking slimmer with talk of border closures again.

Been to 9 in the last 10 years and only missed one due to my dads passing.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes pretty savage but I guess its their countries call on it. We moved them to Italian races instead. 

With all that's gone on this year if I wake up to a mail and saying racing is off I wont be surprised at all but I personally believe there is a focus to the Tour and see what happens post that. 

Also some organisers have taken the safety route and called races off on the premise of "better safe than sorry" even with no threats etc of Covid in the area or so forth. I think some have been premature but respected none the less. 

2020 is broken in many aspects, it needs a reset IMHO.

Can only imagine the chaos on a big team when changes are made at short notice.

What's happening with the South African,American and Columbian riders?Are most of them in Europe already?

Alot of EU / UK media is starting to cover what seems to be the second wave starting up in Europe.

Not great timing and wonder what the level are for the ASO responses.

It started about 2 weeks ago but we aren’t seeing as many deaths as first round.Experts saying it will peak mid September.

It started about 2 weeks ago but we aren’t seeing as many deaths as first round.Experts saying it will peak mid September.

Yip when all are back from holidays (virus swop meeting ;))

What's happening with the South African,American and Columbian riders?Are most of them in Europe already?

all except for Betancur it seems!

where was impey in lockdown?

If that is true it'll be in full swing when the tour is looking to roll out of the gates. I really want to see some racing this year and the way this Tour is shaping up it could be one for the ages but if this is happening can it really hope to get going let alone finish. For all the teams and sponsors I hope so. 

Ah, Tubby. You could've put money on him to be the one. I'm sure the family issue was real but if there is 'one guy' it always happens to then it's him. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

I dont know to much about the SA riders who were in SA at that time as I know most, Impey, Maincheese, Smit, De Bod were all in Europe. What I do know is a mate on Israel flew back to Girona and had to do 14 days self quarantine. I would stand by his window and show off I was outside. 

The South Americans I know as we have some on the team and they flew back as it was posted with other athletes and riders on a specially charted flight. The team paid their travel obviously. Some of them started racing Burgos today for us.

Follow him on Strava and you’ll see the rides he’s been doing in Girona and surrounds.

Initially in lockdown, on Zwift, then back into some serious miles and elevation

Edit: referring to Daryl

Edited by Frosty

so apart from Betancur, have any other cyclists been stranded by covid19?

I would think SA based riders would have had to move early (Nic Dlamini has been there)

am thinking obviously the US riders got through otherwise we would have heard the hoopla

just thinking the eritreans might be battling too (interesting Rwanda gets a free pass!)

54004935_7.png

I would really like to see the TdF go ahead this year but looking slimmer with talk of border closures again.

Been to 9 in the last 10 years and only missed one due to my dads passing.

I remember thinking that  we must have brushed shoulders at the Grand Depart last year.

My son knew that seeing a stage of a Grand Tour was bucket list stuff for me. So when we visited them in the Netherlands he organised the trip to Belgium.

Not being an experienced world traveler I was worried about what we would be able to see. After all it was a very big event in a world city.

So we parked underground early and as we came up into the street , there was Trek Segafredo's bus right in front of me. The riders, the bikes, the works. And I knew we were all right. I took it all in.

We watched the Depart and then back to Waterloo to see the peloton go by.

Back to Brussels the next day for the time trial. 

I managed to get this pic.

post-24825-0-14768700-1596186336_thumb.jpg