2020 Tour de France

pista

Nah he looks fine.. losing enough time to go for a stage win later in the week..

Very unlikely, I think he is struggling with injury and the only reason he is still in the race is because of his pride and respect for the race. If he was "on my books" I would not give him the choice and pull him out of the race before he does more harm to himself.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unlikely, I think he is struggling with injury and the only reason he is still in the race is because of his pride and respect for the race. If he was "on my books" I would not give him the choice and pull him out of the race before he does more harm to himself.

Thats sad..

So Bernal fails his defence of the title but to be honest his been looking rather tired the whole tour. I just have not seen him really fresh at all, the guy just chasing wheels the whole tour, He also showed us the weight of the been the GC leader is a heavy extra water bottle not many can fully carry, also his nodding of the head was  a tad amateur at this level, sure he spoke well and took it on the chin but his body language and self haircut showed his still just a lightie!

The reign of Sky/ Ino has finally come to an end, the team has not really performed as expected, with that kind of money its a shame, I see a big spring clean come signing season.

Now the green jersey is were all the action is... you have a rider hell bent on fighting for most proplery his last green jersey and a newbie with fire in his belly, but can he remain in the race is the question, I can't remember the last time I seen a green jersey finishing so far back, me personally thinks that he won't make Paris, if he does, it won't be in Green. Sagan is a fighter and he won't lie down, the TDF has not been kind to him, 2017 exit was a shocking call. with no proper review. He was robbed that year. I want him in green, this sort of rider does not come often.

The yanks also have several riders coming up the ranks, also did you know the race has its first ever Native American rider? Neilson Powless. Watch this kid, only his first tour and his cruising in 55th overall which is very impressive.

The team contest has also turned on it ahead... a few days ago we Had EF leading and they've dropped all the way to 9th! I was like what happened here, as Uran had surfaced nicely over the two weeks. I hope somebody can take it away from Ino as they dont deserve it in my eyes.

Stage 17 will give some GC guys another chance to either de-throne or jump positions in GC, the route will indeed present some defensive riding for all the top contenders, the finish to Meribel with its 21km climb is going to destroy several hopes and dreams. Lets see if a guy like Uran could possible attack and find himself either a stage winner or gaining time or throw an Aussie a bone and see if Porte can come good? Those are my thoughts thus far. 

The weather seems pretty nice the whole tour, we forget that summer is almost over in europe...

Later chaps.

Edited by betaboy

Cosnefroy (on 36 points) should enjoy his last day in the Polkadots.

Pierre Rolland(also on 36) will surely do everything in his power to be up the road.

But the chances are that the GC riders will contest for the stage, which could mean that Pogacar or Roglic could be the rider in the polkadots by the end of today, they are 2 points and 3 points back respectively.

With 20 points available on the each of the summits, someone without a single point at this stage can actually rack up 40 points and go into the lead. But, that seems unlikely, unless if Thomas De Gendt (3 points) decides to give it a go...

Stage 17 summary:

"Both Primoz Roglic and Tadej Pogacar who occupy the first two places of the overall classification spoke about stage 17 as the queen stage of this year’s Tour de France. They’ve recced the unprecedented uphill to col de la Loze. After the lockdown period, the Jumbo-Visma team made Tignes their permanent training camp, so it wasn’t far for Roglic to go to col de la Loze several times. It’s a fairly new road. It’s actually a ski slope that has been recently asphalted for mountain bikes to go from Méribel to Courchevel and vice versa"

This has Roglic written all over it  :P

Potentially BIG time losses in the final 4km of today's stage for some contenders.

Peak gradient of 24% is absolutely mental!

post-27827-0-11565600-1600231258_thumb.jpg

post-27827-0-21389500-1600231264_thumb.jpg

Potentially BIG time losses in the final 4km of today's stage for some contenders.

Peak gradient of 24% is absolutely mental!

Had a laugh yesterday as the guys approached the finish going uphill they were doing 26km

I was in my old mag trainer doing 26km

Edited by Waynemol

Had a laugh yesterday as the guys approached the finish going uphill they were doing 26km

I was in my old mag trainer doing 26km

Don't worry, I think by the peak of the gradients today these elite athletes will look mortal and be pedalling squares like the rest of us going up a steep incline...  :devil:

Oh oh, there goes Froomes Vuelta

Was wondering the same  :P.

But even Vuelta is a quick turn around for Bernal, maybe just reduce his workload for the next while to see how he responds instead of throwing him right back into a 3 week GT.