2020 Tour de France

pista

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bicycling.co.za/training/train-smart-like-a-pro/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjYi6vtmv3rAhXHTsAKHVQDASwQFjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1bmqSvXALinjNymJWjWrYw&ampcf=1

I have this magazine :)

Super happy for John with their Tour results. The stuff dreams are made off :)

John thank you for all your input. Certainly was a very nice perspective into the Tour

How bad are those spelling errors and calling Matt Beers Mark. Nearly fell off my chair when that went live. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, thank you to UAE team Emirates for making this a tour to remember. Thanks to you John and Jeroen for the updates here and on other platforms. Its great to see SA be part of the success story. And in this case an underdog story.

Oh ya before I forget I ride a 51 or 53, as long as the reach isn't longer than 385mm neh nudge nudge wink wink and I'll not fussy, yellow is kief :)

Ok makes sense, we built a 54 for you, I will speak to the factory again. 

Well done John to you and your rodents. Your young rodent is going to go far, hope he stays injury free. You guys going to have to pay that rodent a lot to keep him.

Thanks for all the updates.

Rodent has a long term contract before the Tour and he is happy so all good going forward.

Yeah, I was questioning the "to fight off infection" part.

Yeah remember he had a few accidents on day 1 and in the 2nd week. Was pretty banged up so likely administered meds to fight infection and inflammation that's what i was getting at. Its more effective intravenously but also not allowed within the context of a race

The weather was awesome for this Tour, and the country side beautiful although on the cusp of autumn. Stunning in general.

Until we got to Paris, the Champs in particular, Devoid of people/ fans,brown trees and the rapidly failing light, Paris being well north of the rest of the route. Quite different to what we are used to, but hey great that the whole event happened.

I'm busy re-watching the whole shabang

Yeah remember he had a few accidents on day 1 and in the 2nd week. Was pretty banged up so likely administered meds to fight infection and inflammation that's what i was getting at. Its more effective intravenously but also not allowed within the context of a race

think he ended up with an infection from falling into nettles

EDIT: @John, is this correct?

No way that John will confirm or deny that. Critical inside performance information like that...

But from all the anecdotal analysis by Youtube bloggers and what John already shared previously, it all ties up and is definitely possible.

PS. Seems it isn't Tadej speaking in that quote, but someone else in the team. "Tadej was down with us in July"

No way that John will confirm or deny that. Critical inside performance information like that...

But from all the anecdotal analysis by Youtube bloggers and what John already shared previously, it all ties up and is definitely possible.

PS. Seems it isn't Tadej speaking in that quote, but someone else in the team. "Tadej was down with us in July"

It pretty much echoes what Johan Bruyneel said he got from someone on the team. Minus the twatwaffle junior gears part.

Edited by TNT1

It pretty much echoes what Johan Bruyneel said he got from someone on the team. Minus the twatwaffle junior gears part.

That is all 100% correct even to the bike change time. We started on 15s and changed how we were gonna do it and got it to 7.

EDIT: @John, is this correct?

I'd use a junior cassette as well since I use a 52T front. I never use the 11 or 12 unless chasing a group downhill. The cassettes we use are really effectively only 8 speed.

when I was a junior I never needed more gears with a 14-25 7speed m

That is all 100% correct even to the bike change time. We started on 15s and changed how we were gonna do it and got it to 7.

its so refreshing to see a technical team thinking outside of the box and planning in so much detail. Hopefully this sparks a demand for junior cassettes again. Since I stopped running campag I miss having a 13t - 27 (much tighter ratios, and campagnoo is probably the only company other than Miche still doing junior cassettes. Shimano might but Coolheat doesn't bring them in. 

Miche 11speed is 14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-25