2020 Tour de France

pista

Speechless [emoji1750]

How the winner is calculated.

Mount is stages, flat surface stages and narrow stages.

https://twitter.com/grootlem/status/1307909466042576896?s=21

Yip, no other words for it than speechless!   Surely they not from planet Earth ...

Janee... big story but clearly the research is lacking... reporting on the biggest sporting event in the world and nobody did the homework - surely a sports reporter should get their facts straight. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Janee... big story but clearly the research is lacking... reporting on the biggest sporting event in the world and nobody did the homework - surely a sports reporter should get their facts straight. 

Think she got confused between the Green jersey competition and the GC competition and just mangled everyhting into each other.

Look, if someone asked me live on-air about the rules of Kabaddi I would most likely make an even bigger stuff-up of the explanation. 

Still funny.

Think she got confused between the Green jersey competition and the GC competition and just mangled everyhting into each other.

Look, if someone asked me live on-air about the rules of Kabaddi I would most likely make an even bigger stuff-up of the explanation. 

Still funny.

Sure, I would excuse someone if they don't know Kabaddi though, but pro-cycling, Tour de France, on National television, sorry there is no excuse for that, simply pathetic.

Non event...more important things to worry about.

And as for calling it the biggest sporting event in the world :oops:

Sure, I would excuse someone if they don't know Kabaddi though, but pro-cycling, Tour de France, on National television, sorry there is no excuse for that, simply pathetic.

True, and if you know the show is going to discuss it, then a quick youtube video explainer beforehand should give you the gist.

Come to think of it again, I think that is exactly what she did and she messed up the details because it isn't a sport she is passionate in.

Would probably have been more credible if she said: I honestly know too little to explain...

Erm biggest cycling event..far from the biggest sports event.

Yes she should know just a little bit as she is reporting on it.

Non event...more important things to worry about.

And as for calling it the biggest sporting event in the world :oops:

Erm biggest cycling event..far from the biggest sports event.

Yes she should know just a little bit as she is reporting on it.

In Pheonix's defence:

PS. Not sure that it is correct, but this is the information that is out there.

post-27827-0-44276600-1600758386_thumb.png

In Pheonix's defence:

If you scroll down you find other numbers though..so suppose it depends on which source you prefer [emoji848]

If you scroll down you find other numbers though..so suppose it depends on which source you prefer [emoji848]

Ya, but my source is a Nobel Prize winning doctor with a PHD from Mordor, so who are you to question his credentials...Just because it doesn't align with your world-view doesn't make him wrong, you know.  ^_^ 

EDIT: Comic SANS selection was droppped by the website, weird...

Edited by Vetplant

Love it that the rim brake won over them all! proves that its still a big 'if' in road racing! The marketing guys must all be on leave... LOL. 

I try stay out of political/religious debates, but one thing sprung to mind earlier:

Same here, which is why I have never pointed out that Campy rim brakes top Shimano and Sram disks....

Ya, but my source is a Nobel Prize winning doctor with a PHD from Mordor, so who are you to question his credentials...Just because it doesn't align with your world-view doesn't make him wrong, you know. ^_^

EDIT: Comic SANS selection was droppped by the website, weird...

Ha ha ha ..

In Pheonix's defence:

Wow, I didn't expect that many viewers, guess 3 weeks is a long time and it all add up ...

I see they raided Arkea Samsic hotel rooms during the tour. 

Why got raiding 15th place on the GC, whatever dope he is on, it is obviously not very good. 

I feel if they found anything concrete they would have pulled a Festina and yanked them out them out of the race for the publicity.

No, not the source, but the metric.

Look no doubt a hell of a lot of people watch at least a bit of the TDF during the 3weeks

...wonder what their revenue generated from TV broadscast is compared to the Football World cup, Olympics, Champions league and Super bowl is.

Off to ask Google.