Dwayne Lackay-Basson - Scammer

ACE Cycles

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF this guy has qualified as a doctor, I'd like to know. But I really doubt he has.

Bigger question is why so many people are happy to be scammed and don't open a case. Stop him here before he 'graduates' to something else. Please.

Interesting...let's for a moment imagine this is legit: If he only started two weeks ago as an intern it might explain why he doesn't have a registration number with the HPCSA: he still needs to go to their offices to apply for his practice number.

I am pretty sure there is an opportunity there for concerned members of the public to give some inputs regarding the granting of an operating license of a registered medical professional. 

Alternatively, we wait till his internship practice number is published on their website and then we bring all of this information to their attention. 

I am pretty sure we can find enough victims among ourselves to sketch the character of Mr DL Basson clearly to the HPCSA. I have three registered medical professionals in my immediate family, I'll chat with them to find out the best route to take to raise this with the Council.

If we can't get people to lay a criminal case against this guy then at least we can prevent him from practicing medicine.

To be honest, I think he lived himself too much into Suits and sees himself as Mike Ross; he probably did enroll for his studies but never completed it, now he is trying to replicate what Mike did in his own life. I am very tempted to spend the R135 to pull his official Tertiary qualification record. 

http://verisearch.octoplus.co.za/ClientMenuPage.aspx

To clarify the path to putting the title in front of your name:

STEP 1
You will need to complete a 5 year Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery
STEP 2
Work 2 years as a Clinical Intern
STEP 3
Designation: Awarded by the HPCSA. Only then can you call yourself Medical Doctor and put the title behind your name

IF this guy has qualified as a doctor, I'd like to know. But I really doubt he has.

Bigger question is why so many people are happy to be scammed and don't open a case. Stop him here before he 'graduates' to something else. Please.

If you've got a loose R135 lying around, you can get official confirmation of whether he finished his studies...

I'd be cautious about when you can use the title Dr. I asked a medical doctor friend of mine and in their hospital, an intern can use the title Dr as they are not in private practice and effectively operate under supervision.

I appreciate google suggests slightly differently.

Interesting...let's for a moment imagine this is legit: If he only started two weeks ago as an intern it might explain why he doesn't have a registration number with the HPCSA: he still needs to go to their offices to apply for his practice number.

I am pretty sure there is an opportunity there for concerned members of the public to give some inputs regarding the granting of an operating license of a registered medical professional.

Alternatively, we wait till his internship practice number is published on their website and then we bring all of this information to their attention.

I am pretty sure we can find enough victims among ourselves to sketch the character of Mr DL Basson clearly to the HPCSA. I have three registered medical professionals in my immediate family, I'll chat with them to find out the best route to take to raise this with the Council.

If we can't get people to lay a criminal case against this guy then at least we can prevent him from practicing medicine.

To be honest, I think he lived himself too much into Suits and sees himself as Mike Ross; he probably did enroll for his studies but never completed it, now he is trying to replicate what Mike did in his own life. I am very tempted to spend the R135 to pull his official Tertiary qualification record.

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

Designation: Awarded by the HPCSA. Only then can you call yourself Medical Doctor and put the title behind your name

I call Bull!

My wife is registered with them as a psychiatrist, she has been forced to be registered since she started her internship, and that registration as an intern is still showing along with all her other registrations.

And guess what I needed to find that... just her name and surname.. you can search using wildcards.

No hits for Mr DL Basson. He has never been an intern....

Have a shot yourselves:

http://isystems.hpcsa.co.za/iregister/

My wife is a dietitian and I quickly found her on the site.

My wife is a dietitian and I quickly found her on the site.

like as in you stalked her, found her details, started visiting for appointments and then eventually it became more than just a "proffessional" relationship?

quite smart, I'm sure many jewish mothers will be using this technique to find eligible doctor husbands for their daughters in the future!

like as in you stalked her, found her details, started visiting for appointments and then eventually it became more than just a "proffessional" relationship?

quite smart, I'm sure many jewish mothers will be using this technique to find eligible doctor husbands for their daughters in the future!

I actually met her on a street corner, true story.

(that's a story for another day and it involves a mountain bike)

STEP 1
STEP 2
STEP 3

I am going to argue with your first part for this reason .

My daughter's boyfriend qualified as a Dr end of 2019 .

He is listed on the HPCSA already , showing his qualification date (( Dec 2019) and that he is an intern .

So they have definitely updated their system .

I used the link posted a few pages back just to check , and the future Son-in-law wasn't B/S....ing me for all these years .... he is a genuine Dr . 

So if our Scamster isn't on the list ... he isn't qualified .

Edited by Popit

He is listed on the HPCSA already , showing his qualification date (( Dec 2019) and that he is an intern .

I used the link posted a few pages back just to check , and the future Son-in-law wasn't B/S....ing me for all these years .... he is a genuine Dr . 

Thank you for bringing some current real-world feedback to this train of thought, that cancels that theory of mine. (In my defence, I did state that I think the Fraud option seems more plausible)

Seems we have a wannabe Mike Ross in our midst. Just keeping up appearances for his followers and family. Pretty sad though, he will just dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole the longer he delays facing the truth. This never ends well for anyone. 

You don’t only have to be qualified to be registered with HPCSA. I am a 5th year medical student and we have to register with HPCSA as students (from first year already). I did the search and found myself as a registered undergrad med student.

Why not just check the UCT graduation list?  Then you will also know what the actual correct spelling is of his name