Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOM [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] it may only be 100grams, but damn I am glad, now to just keep it up

100 grams is a 100 grams. Onwards and upwards [emoji16]

How deceptive it can be judging by weight alone. BMI isn't always a good measurement. Body composition can make a big  difference!

attachicon.gifFat vs Muscle.jpg

* The scale shows 5 lbs of fat vs 5 lbs of muscle. (+- 2.7kg)

yep

my weight has been staying the same since this time last year, but the centimeters around the waist have come off, and gone up around the legs

• 3 weeks later...

Hit a plateau at 107kg. 10kg down from around beginning July and I’m a lot stronger and I feel better.

I either need to add running and yoga to my training or make another diet change. Bit lost here.

Target is to lose 17kg and be back at 90kg for my 1.79m hight.

I want this by beginning December. 5kg a month should be possible.

Hit a plateau at 107kg. 10kg down from around beginning July and I’m a lot stronger and I feel better.

I either need to add running and yoga to my training or make another diet change. Bit lost here.

Consider a session with a dietition ... the type that starts with a full medical history, not the fad diet type ...

People are different .... what works for one does not for the next person. A decent dietitian can really work wonders

Good luck Pal. Weight loss is like good quality drugs.

The more you lose the more you want to lose. Its addictive.

Consider a session with a dietition ... the type that starts with a full medical history, not the fad diet type ...

People are different .... what works for one does not for the next person. A decent dietitian can really work wonders

It can work, if you are disciplined, my wife works with a dietitian and got some advice from her, she has always struggled to lose weight, since trying the plan she has lost 3kg in 3 weeks

It can work, if you are disciplined, my wife works with a dietitian and got some advice from her, she has always struggled to lose weight, since trying the plan she has lost 3kg in 3 weeks

I turned at 110kg ...

Dropped a bit, then went the dietitian route ... and YES, it is a total mind shift.

Dropped to 85kg, as a I started exercising my body fat percentage continued to drop while my weight climbed to 89kg.

Been there since 2017 ...

Okay, did pick up a bit during lock down. But busy getting rid of that ....

I picked up quite a bit during lockdown. Missing my daily commute and not changing my eating habits allowed my weight to spiral out of control.

Since I have no race goals for the near future, and I had thought of doing an extended water fast for years now, I decided it was time. Started 24 Aug and 13 days in now. Lost +-8kg to date, and hope to lose another 4kg in the remaining 8 days.

I'm not doing the fast to lose just weight, my main goal is healing and autophagy. It's a pure water fast with only potassium, magnesium and salt (electrolytes) taken daily for brain and heart health. I don't advocate water fasting at all - I've just done the research, and decided I would like to give it a try.  ;)

Going the wrong direction again..

Usually this time of the year I double down on training and eating habits in preparation for K2C. Motivation seems so low these days with everything going(and not going) on.

post-119556-0-53005400-1599832152_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Slightly up from the last weigh in but still under my goal weight. I seem to hover around between 96-97 kg. Happy with that. Just need to lose a bit more of the stomach (which has already decreased)

Slightly up from the last weigh in but still under my goal weight. I seem to hover around between 96-97 kg. Happy with that. Just need to lose a bit more of the stomach (which has already decreased)

Also hovering around that weight, but pants size has gone down almost 2 sizes, so happy about that, I didn't weigh in last month because I caught some crazy stomach bug, lasted 4 days, lost like 6kg in 2 days so it wasn't an accurate reading