Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Sadly .. fell off the wagon with lockdown....

up ~6kg during 4 months of lockdown ... back down 3kg now,  so net gain of ~3kg.  Slowly working it away again.  

Why so easy to gain, so damn difficult to get rid of it again  :eek:

Edited by Karman de Lange

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment i’m rotating 2 weeks at the office and 2 weeks home.

During the office weeks i do pretty much a 20/4 fast followed by regular meals during the 2 weeks at home.

It sucks how quickly I gain weight if i’m not careful.

I snacked more in my last two weeks at home. Nothing major. A total of two Red Bull’s and maybe 4 lunch bars over the entire period. The rest of the snacking was mostly because of sandwiches. I love bread and rye is still a devil of carbs.

Then just before the second week my IDT gave in and due to other obligations that weekend I also couldn’t ride. The weekend before also left me with one short ride due to injury.

Went from 103.2kg to 107.2kg in a very very short period of time. Really demotivating.

Weighed back in this morning at 105.1 which is nice. That’s 2kgs in four days of training and fasting. How much of that 4kg gain would have actually been fat vs water retention?

The hardest part in all of this is how chronic medication is screwing me over. Easy to gain, impossible to lose.

• 3 weeks later...

NOVEMBER  :eek:

79.8kg (Nearly 5kg down from Jan)

Diet has definitely been the key for us (wife and I), making sure we eat right during the week with 1-2 cheat meals over the weekend. 

Plan for November is to keep diet and riding the same but add a bit of HIIT.

6 weeks then its beach time!

tenor.gif

Coming in under 78kg so very chuffed with results for the year.

Last 5 days of proper dieting and then its holiday.

Got to 82,8kg on the 1st of Dec.

42,3kg down from middle 2017 when I started cycling.

Pant size 44 down to a loose 34 at the moment. A 32 will fit comfortably if I manage to hit my next target.

Setting myself a new target to get to sub 80kg by Trans Baviaans on 23rd January(difficult task over 4 weeks of December holidaying!). Gonna take some serious discipline and self control over the next month to achieve that!

Pant size 44 down to a loose 34 at the moment. A 32 will fit comfortably if I manage to hit my next target.

Setting myself a new target to get to sub 80kg by Trans Baviaans on 23rd January(difficult task over 4 weeks of December holidaying!). Gonna take some serious discipline and self control over the next month to achieve that!

Dude, flippin WELL DONE. you've been consistent and dedicated to this all along the way. Well done, man. Congratulations! And good luck!

Still haven't managed to dip below 80kg. But then I have cycled a bit less the last 2 months, diet still hasn't changed, so not having picked up weight I guess is good.

But the weight loss has not gone unnoticed, people I have not seen in a while have all commented that I've lost weight.

Definitely an inspiration for me. Great going.

Well done bud, this is truly inspirational. Keeps me motivated to hit my target when I see others doing the damn near impossible. Down almost 30 from March another 10 to target.

Been a while ... Slipped badly during lockdown and the subsequent fallout but have gotten my backside in gear the last 7 weeks.

Back on my strict protein only diet and down just over 14kg's around 82 now [emoji41]

Midvaal hundred miler this Sunday was a good motivator and hoping to have fun there! Have promised myself some treats Sunday afternoon/evening (slap tchips and ice cream) but Monday back on track.

Fortunately despite dropping the ball on the diet my riding has always been consistent [emoji16]

I would rather just leave the comment for now until my weight is in a more reasonable zone, for now it is just to sad to mention. 

But kudos for everyone else that is shedding those kilos, well done. 

Started the year on 82 after dropping from 102.5 in 2011 to a low of 74.5 just before CTCT last year.  A bit of overseas travel and hard partying from September to December didn't help!  Finally got my head in the game and dropped to 72.5kgs last month.  Then had a bout of gyppo guts two weeks ago and dropped to 70.9!  Haven't been that weight since army basics.   Recovered now and sitting at a comfortable 73.5kgs.  4 rides a week and no hassle to maintain.