Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2020

Tuxstir

Bit behind schedule - one of the benefits of lockdown is that snacking is a lot less, no more quick cappuccino or packet of sweets from the canteen that used to tempt me at the office.  We actually ate most of our treats / snacks before lockdown even started. :drool: ..

Also are trying to avoid going to the shops for as long as possible, so no temptation buying.

It is actually easier to lose weight by just eating properly and the right portions than sweating away.

PS: I do have a "blikkie kondensmelk" in the cupboard for a rainy day :ph34r:

Good luck with this endless struggle!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit behind schedule - one of the benefits of lockdown is that snacking is a lot less, no more quick cappuccino or packet of sweets from the canteen that used to tempt me at the office.  We actually ate most of our treats / snacks before lockdown even started. :drool: ..

Also are trying to avoid going to the shops for as long as possible, so no temptation buying.

It is actually easier to lose weight by just eating properly and the right portions than sweating away.

PS: I do have a "blikkie kondensmelk" in the cupboard for a rainy day :ph34r:

Good luck with this endless struggle!

PS: I do have a "blikkie kondensmelk" in the cupboard for a rainy day , now you have reminded me about the one in the fridge............... :eek:  :eek:  it will be finished by 11h00.. :wacko:  :wacko: 

I am not participating in this years challenge as i felt i had achieved my goal . I am not able to ride at all ( no indoor trainer )  so i have given myself a list of DIY jobs around the house and garden to keep me  active ( cutting lawn twice weekly , painting out 2 complete rooms , repacking my toy car collecting 2000+ cars , cleaning all my tools in workshop and repacking shelves a bit more orderly , paint garage doors , strip down Ghost MTB for repair when carbon fibre guys open , strip down  clean and regrease Silverback suspension , rebuild a set of Giant hubs into rims for road use .) That should take care of my free time . My problem with eating is that i have my normal oats / yogurt breakfast skip lunch ( because i'm not burning the calories ) and then have a normal evening meal . My wife is diabetic and  snacks / eats  at odd times but makes too much and then says there is left overs in the kitchen which i then go and eat ( hate food going to waste ) and that is my problem . Her indiscipline is my disciplined down fall . I am up 3 kg this week already , i better put the brakes on .   I had done so well this year at keeping my weight at 85 kg  by doing 800 + km and 8000m of climbing per month for the first 3 months of the year . Just a reminder to others dont overdo the kitchen visits its going to take a serious amount of kilometers again to get back in shape . Stay safe and at home . 

Finally broke under the 100kg barrier towards the end of last month 99 on the 1st of April.

Last time I was below 100kg was back in 2014.

Nice one! That's an excellent psychological barrier to break. Keep going!

Nice one! That's an excellent psychological barrier to break. Keep going!

Thanks. Luckily I stay on quite a big property, so have built a small trail that I can cycle round to maintain fitness, and keep losing weight.

Not great photos, but left one was August 2019, right is January this year, same shirt, but 14 kg lighter.

post-37059-0-67521200-1586074883_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Luckily I stay on quite a big property, so have built a small trail that I can cycle round to maintain fitness, and keep losing weight.

Not great photos, but left one was August 2019, right is January this year, same shirt, but 14 kg lighter.

IMG.jpg

Well done! It's amazing how much of a difference it makes to your overall well-being and psychological state.

That's good going well done . That 100 kg barrier was my first goal from 125kg , it took me 9 months .Now  set goals 5 kg apart and gauge the time each 5 kg block takes . The first  two go quickly then its 2kg segments from there on . Keep going dont get disappointed at only losing 1 kg in 2 weeks just keep your goal weight in sight .  

Finally broke under the 100kg barrier towards the end of last month 99 on the 1st of April.

Last time I was below 100kg was back in 2014.

Well done, that is a big breakthrough.

If I were you however I'd weigh myself again as the scale may have been playing you for a fool....

• 3 weeks later...

ive been loosing weight sitting around doing sweet f'all. Eating habits have not been super strict like usual but given the circumstances...still not too naughty. The wife's pregnant eating habits aren't helping the discipline much on some days.

Weight-loss Most probably attributed to muscle atrophy I think.

we don't have a garden and I don't have a trainer. its like my body got to that point where it doesnt matter what I put in my mouth....it just keeps burning it, even whats on me. i have been booze free since Dec though so theres that...lots of anecdotal evidence that alcohol slows the metabolism and all but definitely proof of the difference the empty calories make.

76kg  this week even though i've been eating at maintenance calories+  (Down from 85kg ish in Dec/jan and from ~115kg a few years back). if it goes any further i might hit 40kg total weight lost since I started my journey way back. :eek:

my wife is super worried she might weigh more than me in a few weeks time with the pot belly and all haha...apparently it is not allowed.

Down 40.8kg.

Also not super strict with watching what I eat at the moment, but our usual Sunday evening cheatmeal like a McDs or Burger King fell away, and also no more occasionally eating out at restaurants obviously.

Covered something like 1200km and 20 000m of climbing on Zwift the last 30 days averaging around 1.5-2hours on the bike every day, and doing the virtual 36ONE this Friday.66444ce6b2902aaa5b34a5d798ce75f2.jpg

Down 40.8kg.

Also not super strict with watching what I eat at the moment, but our usual Sunday evening cheatmeal like a McDs or Burger King fell away, and also no more occasionally eating out at restaurants obviously.

Covered something like 1200km and 20 000m of climbing on Zwift the last 30 days averaging around 1.5-2hours on the bike every day, and doing the virtual 36ONE this Friday.66444ce6b2902aaa5b34a5d798ce75f2.jpg

Congrats. Super impressive. How long has it taken to drop the 40.8kg?

Congrats. Super impressive. How long has it taken to drop the 40.8kg?

Thanks! Started riding and eating/living better around July 2017 at 125,1kg.