Helmets?

Nicomrs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/157524-how-often-should-you-replace-your-helmet/?p=2828491

Been doing it for years.

Keyboards, Motherboards, bike parts, the clogged up window washer spayers for a Peugeot 407, sandals, phone covers - these are but a few of the things I successfully clean in my dishwasher. 

WHATTTTTTTT??????? and they still worked afterwards? Why did you want to clean a motherboard?

WHATTTTTTTT??????? and they still worked afterwards? Why did you want to clean a motherboard?

as long as there is no power going through teh circuit boards at the time (which there more than likely is not if they're in the dishwasher) and they dry properly afterwards its no problem.

Have cleaned a few keyboards in basins of water in my past IT life.

But I'm still not going to Rouxtjies place for a braai, if I do I'm taking my own cutlery and plates.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/157524-how-often-should-you-replace-your-helmet/?p=2828491

Been doing it for years.

Keyboards, Motherboards, bike parts, the clogged up window washer spayers for a Peugeot 407, sandals, phone covers - these are but a few of the things I successfully clean in my dishwasher. 

I notice you don't mention tyres... is that because of the potential wear issues from the rotating arms?

asking for a friend

Take a look at the Spaz range of helmets.

Great comfort and quality. They also have a full range of replacement parts available if you break something, and they also offer a discounted replacement too in the case of an accident.

Disclaimer ... I am NOT a Spaz fanboy!

Bear in mind Rouxtjies Dishwasher is probably on about 8000 000km and they probably don't make them like they used to....

Folding tyres are fine in there, I've done a few of them yes. Wire bead is a bit trickier. 

I'm still using a Bell I got in 2013. Every other week I pop it in the dishwasher to keep it smelling fresh. 

You can take the pads out you know

Hi all,

Im looking for a new helmet, i mostly do singletrack epic like terrain, not a lot of open roads. I am planning to do some enduro races this year but im also considering doing the epic next year. I will do some stage races this year.

Im looking for a good helmet that fits the needs of enduro and xc.

Sugestiond please.

Buy 2.... one for Epic - light and comfortable, and one for Enduro - a full face.

Take a look at the Spaz range of helmets.

Great comfort and quality. They also have a full range of replacement parts available if you break something, and they also offer a discounted replacement too in the case of an accident.

Disclaimer ... I am NOT a Spaz fanboy!

Their padding is rubbish quality.

Their padding is rubbish quality.

in hindsight you have a point ... I am looking to having to replace my padding for the second time now .. though this is in three years of daily use ... at least the replacement padding is rather inexpensive.