Are Hardtails dead?

T_Boss

Ill be keeping an eye out for those frames.

Hopefully I will have a budget for one off those steel frames.

Would love one of the steel gravel

Frames, just no money now!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jirrrrrrrre good old AutoCAD, that's a blast from the past. SO.MANY.COLOURS!

Well, I hope its AutoCAD and that your designers aren't purposefully changing SolidWorks/Inventor/NX colour schemes to look like that. 

#oldschool is cool! we're working with a very traditional steel frame fabricator - no need for fancy 3D CAD when it's more about the details, geo, artisan vibe! should see first samples end Feb/early March.

if you hating the old school AutoCad vibes you gonna lose your mind when you see our "new/old" bars being developed by NITTO ... throwing it right back to when factories took real pride in their craft and made things that were both functional and aesthetically an 11 out 10. 

My commuter bike that does 100km's a week. I Get some strange stares every now and then when cruising through town with this one. Hardtail, 26'',rigid with v-brakes......what can go wrong !  :thumbup:

that still looks good!

Jirrrrrrrre good old AutoCAD, that's a blast from the past. SO.MANY.COLOURS!

Well, I hope its AutoCAD and that your designers aren't purposefully changing SolidWorks/Inventor/NX colour schemes to look like that.

I just had a flashback to high school Technical Drawings classes. That was 15 years ago.

Back them I rode a hardtail as well.

ah, I'm on the RM vertex 990. love it. can ride it all day.

never thought i would end up doing long endurance stuff on ht bike, maybe i should switch frames as much as you!

look in no way was the Vertex bad I also had a 990rsl. The Scale is just a little more slacker and softer on the rear, it just gives me more confidence and comfort.

post-80000-0-18533300-1580227566_thumb.jpg

#oldschool is cool! we're working with a very traditional steel frame fabricator - no need for fancy 3D CAD when it's more about the details, geo, artisan vibe! should see first samples end Feb/early March.

if you hating the old school AutoCad vibes you gonna lose your mind when you see our "new/old" bars being developed by NITTO ... throwing it right back to when factories took real pride in their craft and made things that were both functional and aesthetically an 11 out 10. 

Always a need for 3D fancy CAD  :mellow:  Can print out drawings and trace some papyrus with your quills if the fabricator prefers that!

Edited by Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I love my HT, and will be converting it to gears for the S2C.

Where does one still find decent 2.1 tyres? Anything wider does not fit in my old frame.

Where does one still find decent 2.1 tyres? Anything wider does not fit in my old frame.

Evo bikes are my go to for tyres if Janos doesn't have it he will get it quick but most likely they will have.

Most brands still make 2.1 options, so you should be able to order from any bike shop. I know Maxxis have quite a few XC tyres in 2.1...

The Brits know hardtails and proper hardtails, designed for fun , Steel or alloy doesn't matter, as long as the angles are good. fork travel is decent and a dropper is fitted, which is probably one of the best upgrades for any bike, especially a HT. 

Man, this is starting an itch that I cant scratch now!

Really would love a steel hardtail, maybe a TI at some point.

Bit late to the party but just in time for valentines. Check out Momsen's STR range. I'm itching to replace my old one with the new frame!!!