UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

Apparently she crashed on some flat/non-technical section of the course, tried to carry on but realised she had a concussion and pulled out.

well she wasn't looking like she was anywhere near contention anyway so I suspect the risk vs reward wasn't worth carrying on. The whole Scott SRAM team has looked off the boil in this short season. Would love to know what went wrong. They failure this year has at least made the races we have had exciting and unpredictable. I hope cannondale FR can bring their A game to the Epic 2021 and make a proper race of it. Henrique and Maxime teaming up should create a competitive combo.

Sam Gaze rode the WC as well but was nowhere. There's a fall from form like I've never seen.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the technical side dropper posts have really caught on even when they break and don't work just replace it with another one that doesn't work. I suspect they have a way to go before their reliability is an after thought  but there are some great value options  that cost barely more than a lighteight carbon post so there's that.

Well as an actual dropper post owner and user, I have found reliability to be far better than say, a tyre or a brake pad in the mud or even a rear derailleur after a tiny crash. I think these basic components have a way to go before reliability is resolved. Bwwahahahaha.

Edited by Headshot

well she wasn't looking like she was anywhere near contention anyway so I suspect the risk vs reward wasn't worth carrying on. The whole Scott SRAM team has looked off the boil in this short season. Would love to know what went wrong. They failure this year has at least made the races we have had exciting and unpredictable. I hope cannondale FR can bring their A game to the Epic 2021 and make a proper race of it. Henrique and Maxime teaming up should create a competitive combo.

Sam Gaze rode the WC as well but was nowhere. There's a fall from form like I've never seen.

2 really good changes to CFR for 2021 ahead. Im sure many will be happy about it.

I am.

2 really good changes to CFR for 2021 ahead. Im sure many will be happy about it.

I am.

Oh do tell :)

I heard Manny is retiring from World Cup Racing. So would that imply Maxiime and Manny are both going.

Wondering who would be in line to replace. also they have not had a headline Ladies XCO racer for a while since the other german lady quietly retired after a positive doping test....

Please tell me Matt has a ride with CFR in 21???!!!!! :)

in other thoughts, anyone know how to watch the UCI European XCO champs race just after noon?

VPN seems to be hiding me effectively. 

Edited by DieselnDust

I am.

are you referring to Cape Epic or strictly XCO?

Matt isn’t going to CFR

Changes they make will be for XCO and Epic

No idea on a female addition

Spez isn’t the holy grail of teams

Say it like it is. Yeha CFR is actually a very well run team.  As  a team they've won the Teams classification at the World cup many times i.e accumulatingthe msot points at an event from their riders.  I think Christoff Sauser was the last rider to win the World Cup for Siemens Cannondale back in 2005, when Absalon was racing for Bianchi.

So Im really curius now to see who goes there to replace Manny and possibly Maxime (seems to have been racing out of his skin lately indicating his looking for either retain his place or attract a new team.

Nice bunch of guys too, a lot more naturally friendly unlike another popular team

Hatterly upgrading from a spaz to a Cannondale?

That's a possibility. I think he was only on a 2 year deal anyway after last extension? So 2021 could be up for negotiation? It would be a positive step up as CFR is a very well run team

That's a possibility. I think he was only on a 2 year deal anyway after last extension? So 2021 could be up for negotiation? It would be a positive step up as CFR is a very well run team

Then again Trek have no strong male riders at this point in time ... so this could also be an interesting move, especially considering their DH team have invested in younger riders the last year or two

Then again Trek have no strong male riders at this point in time ... so this could also be an interesting move, especially considering their DH team have invested in younger riders the last year or two

Team Trek - Pirelli are pretty well staffed at the moment

Say it like it is. Yeha CFR is actually a very well run team.  As  a team they've won the Teams classification at the World cup many times i.e accumulatingthe msot points at an event from their riders.  I think Christoff Sauser was the last rider to win the World Cup for Siemens Cannondale back in 2005, when Absalon was racing for Bianchi.

So Im really curius now to see who goes there to replace Manny and possibly Maxime (seems to have been racing out of his skin lately indicating his looking for either retain his place or attract a new team.

Nice bunch of guys too, a lot more naturally friendly unlike another popular team

CFR are a very very well run team from ground up.