Wear a Black Arm Band March 8 2020

FootballingCyclist

Right, Like Jewiies ride for furry ones, this arm band thing should not just be limited to the riders at the CTCT, lets get ALL cyclists to do this on Sunday.

Even if you are riding the CTCT or not, in Cape Town or not.

How the yankee doodle do you start an Instagram type movement thingy in a rush ?

You boys at Bikehub have some clout as does Tim Brink

You have instagram followers who have followers who followers. Lets get the message out there. Lets be heard!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You boys at Bikehub have some clout as does Tim Brink

You have instagram followers who have followers who followers. Lets get the message out there. Lets be heard!

Lower management, will report to senior management.

Maybe a few hubbers can also post to their finsta accounts

Another worthy cause to take note of. This young boy was raped and murdered by his 23yr old basketball coach in Hout Bay, His coach was his hero who he looked up to. The coach is even caught on video helping "search for the body" on Sunday evening. Let's all help where we can or atleast show our respects.

"As we mourn the tragic loss of our pupil, Sibusiso Dakuse, rage at the heinous crime and weep at the desperation that drives someone to do that, this horrific experience has emphasised once again the urgent need for safe havens like KMA for our vulnerable children.

It's been an overwhelming week for us and we are exhausted but Andile and I are going to be jumping on our bikes and doing the Cape Town Cycle Tour ....for our kids.

If you want to shout for us or toss a few pennies in our pot, we'd be ever so grateful.

We are 100% committed to providing a safe place for our other 108 precious children in the afternoons, filled with laughter a healthy meal and the power of beautiful music..

#WeRideForSibusiso

#CapeTownCycleRace

#YourChildIsMyChild

#SaveTheChildren

#MusicIsHealing

#IgnitingTheSpirit

NEDBANK

Branch Code: 1676091

Acc# (IBAN): 1676 042 490

SWIFT CODE: NEDSZAJJ

Given Gain Page: www.givengain.com/cause/13705

If you require a South African 18A Tax Certificate for your donation please email us at info@kmwhoutbay.org"

Below is a link to their page.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156850302306787&id=110096246786

post-35357-0-32328100-1583306506_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

What a great change of tone.

Imagine the majority of riders wearing black arm bands and having a moment of silence for all gang related victims at the start. Doesn't anybody know someone in the organising committee who could be able to send an SMS out to all the participants?

We are all gatvol of the violence in our country.

I'll be wearing a black arm band, gatvol of criminals acting with impunity. (now how do you stream-line an armband, marginal gains and all...)

Which arm does a black armband go on?

Somehow I remember it going on the left arm.

Google says it goes on the right for football players because the captains armband is usually on the Left

Anyone else remember what the norm is?