Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few ask why we could not and why we were going Rhodes drive... Luckily I run rides like a dictatorship and not a democrazy... 

Yeah was glad to see you guys go up Rhodes and leave out the illegal section. The Rhodes part we may just incorporate into our ride on Sunday to get some added elevation and distance as apposed to going all the way down the main road.

I did it backwards - la sugrA

it made sense starting from f'hoek to do the silly traffic bit early and why not do it this way round for once?

luckily I hooked up with some like minded friends by chance early on and we had a mild semblance of a paceline at times. It was rather quieter than expected on the roads. Mandatory coffee stop#1 @ Shift espresso and coffee #2 + roasted wrap @ The Hub in scarbs bookended some drizzle but nothing too greasy. I thought the drag to CPoint gate might be a lonely slog into a mild s'easter on tired unused legs but it passed ok.

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2021-03-07 at 12.50.08.jpeg

When did they sneakily move it to 7th of March?...it should be the second sunday/14th as per this release - https://www.capetowncycletour.com/blog/cape-town-cycle-tour-2021-update/

and no invite......joh

Didn't you see? Ms Savage sneakily moved the date to the 7th and we were all too daft to pick this up  :D  :P

in all fairness last year it was held on the 8th March (still the 2nd Sunday in March) so many were under the impression it should have happened yesterday. CTCT website did say 14th March though so just shows how many actually bothered to visit it after the cancellation announcement.

Next weekend there'll be a lekker charity ride with Warriors on Wheels. I'm feeling up for that one

Yeah was glad to see you guys go up Rhodes and leave out the illegal section. The Rhodes part we may just incorporate into our ride on Sunday to get some added elevation and distance as apposed to going all the way down the main road.

We were passed by 1 car on Rhodes drive and it gave plenty of room on that long stretch. Main road is dodgy at the best of times and with the larger group wanted to avoid as many intersections as possible.

Saw that. I noticed a few names there that from bikehub profile names I can associate the 2. Luckily I know your real name

ha ha you and the sergeant at Claremont Police station...

So for an out of towner that doesn't know, the M3 that is not meant to be ridden by cyclist on normal days, does it start from here?

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

so legally you can ride the M3 from Mosterts Mill to the top of Wynberg Hill where you have to jump off via the slip road.