Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Absolutely perfect

perfect for what kitesurfing?

okes seriously. please tell me more about the dreaded south easter. i need predictions and won't trust them if they are not dire and varying

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perfect for what kitesurfing?

okes seriously. please tell me more about the dreaded south easter. i need predictions and won't trust them if they are not dire and varying

Well Sunday is a North Wester, do dont have to worry about the dreaded South Easter

You forgot the portaloo at the start chute, where the first user had severe explosive diarrhea, and everyone after that looks embarrassed while making sure everyone hears "it wasn't me".

2015 at my first Karoo to Coast I had to visit the portaloo for an emergency unload. As I exited the stall, there was queue of 3 anties waiting for the loo. I kept a straight face as I left, and all I heard was a  shrill yelp and a loud 'ooooeee neeee jitte'.

I had tears of laughter all the way to my chute. The rest of the ride was a blast.

I am keen on riding the route this weekend, but what roads are you guys planning to ride to get from the Castle to Steenberg? Same as the Argus, N2 then M3? Surely not through Woodstock given the recent incidents? Or N2 then other roads skipping the M3 only? Any info will be appreciated.

I am keen on riding the route this weekend, but what roads are you guys planning to ride to get from the Castle to Steenberg? Same as the Argus, N2 then M3? Surely not through Woodstock given the recent incidents? Or N2 then other roads skipping the M3 only? Any info will be appreciated.

PLEASE stay off the N2, M3 and M5 freeway sections where riding is illegal. It only causes trouble for the organizers who get push back from traffic authorities whe they want permission to run races.

Your only real option is through Woodstock. Use M4 Main Road or M57 Liesbeek Park Way as far as Claremont, then M4 from there. Ride in a group and safety won't be an issue. Go early and traffic won't be an issue. Traffic lights will stop you now and then, so forget about doing a personal best this time. It is not the year for that.

My 2c

PLEASE stay off the N2, M3 and M5 freeway sections where riding is illegal. It only causes trouble for the organizers who get push back from traffic authorities whe they want permission to run races.

Your only real option is through Woodstock. Use M4 Main Road or M57 Liesbeek Park Way as far as Claremont, then M4 from there. Ride in a group and safety won't be an issue. Go early and traffic won't be an issue. Traffic lights will stop you now and then, so forget about doing a personal best this time. It is not the year for that.

My 2c

Thanks for the input!

Casual ride, but will most likely get a PB through Woodstock  :w00t:

I saw some posts on the CTCT Instagram page. One dude is attempting to do it 31 times in march another school lightie did one yesterday before school and plans to do 5 in march. The school lightie won a garmin edge for his feat, well done and well deserved. kudos.

Looks like I will be riding on my own on sunday. Just glad the route around the peninsula is gonna be busy. I will be the big slow poke!!

It seems that there is little appetite for doing the full traditional route which is a bit of a pity.  

Nonetheless, if anyone is leaving from Town to do a full Argus on Sunday, on whatever route, I'd be keen to start with some others.  At least to get through to Lakeside and then take it from there?

Was thinking of an 06.15 start from the Parade. 

Looks like I will be riding on my own on sunday. Just glad the route around the peninsula is gonna be busy. I will be the big slow poke!!

Now okes are going to get confused between you and I...

Kinda annoyed that they changed the wording on the 109 challenge

Previously it just stated 109 anywhere anytime now I see they updated the rules to say the 109 or more must be ONE SESSION