Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CTCT on the 10th, Amashova on the 24th... better have my car serviced and start saving for new tires, October is going to be rough!

I just don't get some people. This is for the 109 for 109 event.

attachicon.gifCTCT.PNG

Motorbike on an indoor trainer ?

You would be hard pressed to do the route in a car under an hour  :ph34r:

Motorbike on an indoor trainer ?

You would be hard pressed to do the route in a car under an hour :ph34r:

You'd have to average 109km/h to complete the route in an hour. Without breaking the speed limit and traffic laws(jumping traffic lights etc), it's impossible. Edited by FootballingCyclist

CTCT on the 10th, Amashova on the 24th... better have my car serviced and start saving for new tires, October is going to be rough!

Followed a week later (30th / 31st) with another event my club is currently working on.

25 weeks to go. Better up my training. The second entries open I will pull the trigger. I doubt it will be the usual amount of entries allowed and I am sure the start area will be modified. I see they said they will announce more information on Monday 19th April so we will chat again next week.

25 weeks to go. Better up my training. The second entries open I will pull the trigger. I doubt it will be the usual amount of entries allowed and I am sure the start area will be modified. I see they said they will announce more information on Monday 19th April so we will chat again next week.

From what's been said on FB, there will be rolling starts as per Covid regulations and your seeding will be determined pre-Covid(essentially last CTCT). At Killarney the Chairman said 15000 entrants Max. There will also be no prize giving or post race hospitality suites etc, With all this said, with the "gees" essentially not allowed, I doubt many from upcountry will bother to come down to CT, also as stated earlier, Amashova is in the same month so it will be much cheaper for okes from JHB to go to Durbz for Amashova than to come to CT for CTCT. If the prize money is also alot less(I'm assuming with less entrants) then I doubt we will see the big boys from up North coming down.

From what's been said on FB, there will be rolling starts as per Covid regulations and your seeding will be determined pre-Covid(essentially last CTCT). At Killarney the Chairman said 15000 entrants Max. There will also be no prize giving or post race hospitality suites etc, With all this said, with the "gees" essentially not allowed, I doubt many from upcountry will bother to come down to CT, also as stated earlier, Amashova is in the same month so it will be much cheaper for okes from JHB to go to Durbz for Amashova than to come to CT for CTCT. If the prize money is also alot less(I'm assuming with less entrants) then I doubt we will see the big boys from up North coming down.

So I may be one of the only joburgers there, suits me just fine :D .

Mixed feelings ...

I think many are craving events, and from that perspective it's certainly welcome.

Perhaps it should be marketed as a "mini CTCT".

Will keep an eye on comms.

Probably not a good idea to have people coming from all parts of the country and then heading back home again.

Its as pointless as the red lists for travel to the UK etc. If you from SA you fly to Kenya, spend 2 weeks there, then jump on a plane with all the Saffers going straight to UK and quarantining in hotel for 2 weeks but travel in the same plane from Kenya. 

Rolling starts for the front racers is a terrible terrible idea. Do it for the groups where nobody cares about bunch riding, sure, but you can't have a race in a sport where group dynamic and it's manipulation is the core tactic done with a rolling start. It would be idiotic.