Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

which Deloitte office are they sending you to ?

The one by Mall of Africa? I think that's waterfall city

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one by Mall of Africa? I think that's waterfall city

brand new office space. They moved into there just before lockdown. I guess they have to get some use out of it now that the mojority of staff are working from home

brand new office space. They moved into there just before lockdown. I guess they have to get some use out of it now that the mojority of staff are working from home

Yeah, it's pretty insanely massive, was there last year December as well for a workshop, was nice, but was a bit of a ghost town.

Yeah, it's pretty insanely massive, was there last year December as well for a workshop, was nice, but was a bit of a ghost town.

its big, but it has less space than they were occupying in their previous buildings.

So will there be more guys cycling the route this Sunday, as the actual ride wouldve taken place this coming sunday? and starting where and around what time?

So will there be more guys cycling the route this Sunday, as the actual ride wouldve taken place this coming sunday? and starting where and around what time?

Grand Parade 6:30, Pull through.

Our group are going to take it very easy, prob average 26-28km/h max, We will be stopping to take pics etc which is something we don't usually get to do on race day. We will most likely follow the same route which Savage did and go via Main Rd, right up Klipper, left into Newlands Avenue and straight over M3 into Rhodes Dr till the top of the Nek, down the Nek, All the way down Spaanschemat over the M3 down to Lakeside Main Rd and right for the rest of the CTCT route. Feel free to tag along if you not looking for a sub 3 :thumbup:

I'm sure most of us got this in the mail yesterday

This coming weekend would have seen the hosting of the 43rd Cape Town Cycle Tour. Due to circumstances beyond our control the 2021 edition of the Cycle Tour has been postponed to a later date this year and we will be making an announcement in this regard towards the end of March. Together with all of our stakeholders we remain committed to presenting an event that will be both responsible and enjoyable.

While we realise that many of you will want to take to the roads this weekend as you enjoy the sport that we all hold so dear, we would like to urge you to do so in a responsible and respectful manner.

To those of you living in Cape Town we would like to remind you that cycling on the N2/Nelson Mandela Boulevard and the M3/Blue Route is strictly prohibited.

We share the road with many other road users. Please let us all play our part by being respectful towards motorists and pedestrians.

Please also ensure that you obey all the rules of the road by stopping at stop streets and traffic lights where required to do so and ensure that you are riding in single file.

That's the virtual CTCT on Fulgaz, I am also riding it this year as an undercover roadie. 

That time is only for like 30km so it's not that impressive  :whistling:. But, full disclosure: it's faster than mine  :lol:.

But here's the link to the results: https://comps.fulgaz.com/liveserieslist/a3W9B446Tm7kZ4aJv/ALL

No, that is the 109 for 109 challenge results. He did that time for 109km and it needed to be on strava to count. I can only imagine it was on a motorbike on the highway.

No, that is the 109 for 109 challenge results. He did that time for 109km and it needed to be on strava to count. I can only imagine it was on a motorbike on the highway.

with an avg speed like that its jippo'd, an error or a rather illegal motorbike ride. Either way it should be flagged.

Cant find him on Strava though.

here is the screenshot of the 48 people who rode down wynberg hill and posted it on strava

attachicon.gifM3 riders argus.png

I would have expected a lot more. Personally, I would just ignore them and focus on what I do.