Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it backwards - la sugrA

it made sense starting from f'hoek to do the silly traffic bit early and why not do it this way round for once?

luckily I hooked up with some like minded friends by chance early on and we had a mild semblance of a paceline at times. It was rather quieter than expected on the roads. Mandatory coffee stop#1 @ Shift espresso and coffee #2 + roasted wrap @ The Hub in scarbs bookended some drizzle but nothing too greasy. I thought the drag to CPoint gate might be a lonely slog into a mild s'easter on tired unused legs but it passed ok.

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2021-03-07 at 12.50.08.jpeg

When did they sneakily move it to 7th of March?...it should be the second sunday/14th as per this release - https://www.capetowncycletour.com/blog/cape-town-cycle-tour-2021-update/

When they cancelled this years event, the 14th got used for a family event, so the lap around the peninsula happened this weekend.

Didn't you see? Ms Savage sneakily moved the date to the 7th and we were all too daft to pick this up  :D  :P

Should have asked Mrs Savage to charge an event fee as well for the 7th, seems like most would have paid it! :P

ja WTF..supposed to be 2nd sunday in march?!!!!

i know that they did switch it to 6th march 2016 (i think due to cape epic)

i might have been confused by this 

https://www.iloveboobies.co.za/pages/virtual-cycle-tour

good thing I was not aware of this little tidbit when I was wet,cold and miserable in the rain on top of Chappies yesterday morning  :D

Only realised my "mistake" last night when I saw on our club calendar that the "Rapport Tour Funride" was supposed to be on the 7th.

Also saw on my Strava feed a few people did the "proper" CTCT route including the full M3  :angry: Suppose this was inevitable...

Ok so now that all the premature rides are all done LOL, is anyone else actually doing full route this Sunday 14/03 starting at the Grand Parade? So far with our training bunch we are about 8 guys confirmed.

full route is not allowed.

i see 31 okes decided that they could go do hospital bend over the weekend

and 48 road on the M3 from edinburgh drive

I am a huge hypocrite here because i use the M5 as a commuting route - (trust me it is the safest option), but to go and ride on the highway on the one day you are told not to really does the rest of us cyclists no favours.

Edited by Shebeen

full route is not allowed.

You Sir are Correct.

Perhaps I should have been clearer so my Bad.

We are heading down Main Rd from the parade So it is essentially only Cycle Tour route from Lakeside.

I myself am someone who got quite upset at the fact that some guys chose to ride the full route including the N2 and m3 which they are all well aware is illegal, But the "don't tell me what I can and can't do" attitude is in full force as I saw on Strava this past weekend. With cyclists already having a bad reputation on the roads, the selfish few are not doing the rest of us any favours.

good thing I was not aware of this little tidbit when I was wet,cold and miserable in the rain on top of Chappies yesterday morning  :D

Only realised my "mistake" last night when I saw on our club calendar that the "Rapport Tour Funride" was supposed to be on the 7th.

Also saw on my Strava feed a few people did the "proper" CTCT route including the full M3  :angry: Suppose this was inevitable...

I had a few ask why we could not and why we were going Rhodes drive... Luckily I run rides like a dictatorship and not a democrazy... 

You Sir are Correct.

Perhaps I should have been clearer so my Bad.

We are heading down Main Rd from the parade So it is essentially only Cycle Tour route from Lakeside.

I myself am someone who got quite upset at the fact that some guys chose to ride the full route including the N2 and m3 which they are all well aware is illegal, But the "don't tell me what I can and can't do" attitude is in full force as I saw on Strava this past weekend. With cyclists already having a bad reputation on the roads, the selfish few are not doing the rest of us any favours.

here is the screenshot of the 48 people who rode down wynberg hill and posted it on strava

post-1830-0-71456900-1615198806_thumb.png