Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

What seeding do you get when this is your first race, and you entered a week ago? 

The answer: 8E ????

Be happy you got seeded.

No email received (yet). ☹️

3 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Be happy you got seeded.

No email received (yet). ☹️

Check your spam (my sister found hers in there) 

What on Earth, 1B at 6:32 ?? What did I do to deserve that? ???? Ouch, not enough training for that. Especially if they try break up the big bunches, as they communicated.

If the early start groups are as closely spaced as previous years, like 3 - 5 minute gaps, then we'll still have some big bunches form up Nelson Mandela Blvd to Hospital bend.

Edited by Hilton.

9 minutes ago, devongrovers@gmail.com said:

Yes BOI's 9D(9.02am) for the new cyclists from the covid era. See you all there. 

Are you aiming for a time? 

42 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Last year CTCT qualifies for unpenalised seeding.

Must be that cos I have not done a single qualifying race since then and didn't bother with the racetec strava segment based seeding. 

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Last year CTCT qualifies for unpenalised seeding.

nope.. 10 points penalty.

I also see they again forgot to reset the beta for CTCT 2020 to 1 , still on 0.89 .. (and all CTCT must be 1 as its the base events)

I got seeded on 99er of 2020 .

racetec really really really  need to get there seeding sorted. but ja.... not topic for this thread.

1 hour ago, Hilton. said:

What on Earth, 1B at 6:32 ?? What did I do to deserve that? ???? Ouch, not enough training for that. Especially if they try break up the big bunches, as they communicated.

If the early start groups are as closely spaced as previous years, like 3 - 5 minute gaps, then we'll still have some big bunches form up Nelson Mandela Blvd to Hospital bend.

1A, off at 6:29, only three minutes gap. I agree, bunches will be big quite soon. Wonder how big the start groups are

Edited by HdB

3 minutes ago, HdB said:

1A, off at 6:29, only three minutes gap. I agree, bunches will be big quite soon. Wonder how big the start groups are

I actually lodged complaint last year, their were so many crashes as bunched merged to quickly.  5 min makes it merge just after were thing get narroow (fishhoek?). Guess they again got told to get everyone off main road quick as possible 

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

Surely not. What was last bmx time? 

4:30, but it was NOT a good set up and my left crank arm fell off 3 times. I have a pretty sexy BMX setup now. I can actually sit and pedal - sort of and the gear ratio is a million times better. 

Sub4 if the weather is good should be good. If I feel good I will go hard and try get as close to 3:30 as possible