Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Letter vs spirit. I take it you're a lawyer, so you should understand this.

The regulations are poorly drafted and even more ill-considered, but being obtuse about it isn't going to help you when PC Plod decides to lob you into a cop van, from which you'll emerge with a record and possibly a slow puncture.

Let's compare notes next week based on what transpires over the next few days, both out on the roads and in the media.

BTW, I'm not a lawyer, but have been in many a negotiation before. Heck, even drafted proposed legislation once which was enacted!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's compare notes next week based on what transpires over the next few days, both out on the roads and in the media.

BTW, I'm not a lawyer, but have been in many a negotiation before. Heck, even drafted proposed legislation once which was enacted!

Please go for a lay down, you are over thinking things.  It clearly states that you must wear a mask when outside.  There is nothing ambiguous about it.

Those who don't will fall foul of the law.

Edit: there are probably a dozen or so who have told you what it is and yet you seem to think it is something different and are the ONLY one who thinks it is something different.

Edited by shaper

Definitely nice bike riding weather tomorrow morning in Cape Town area  :clap:

Havent checked the rest of SA as it falls outside my 5km radius  :ph34r:

can yo make sure its not raining in my 5km radius....

Muizenerg, Cape Town. Speak to the relevant parties kanala

Please go for a lay down, you are over thinking things.  It clearly states that you must wear a mask when outside.  There is nothing ambiguous about it.

Those who don't will fall foul of the law.

Thanks, I'll rather have a beer instead after a quick (and hopefully last) workout on the rollers. Maybe even get a cold cooked chicken from Woolies for supper. 

And yes, I am over thinking it. In fact, I'm actually paranoid about it because of my pre-existing conditions.

I always have and will continue to cover up when I leave my house. But don't be surprised if others don't when walking, running or cycling, and are not fined or arrested.

The answer's still not as clear to me as it obviously is to most others, and I'll gladly come back here and eat humble pie if the answer is proven to be crystal clear in due course. 

We must be able to engage in honest dialogue, and not merely rubbish an opinion because it doesn't align with your own. How many debates haven't we all had "because it's the law", when in fact there's little or no understanding of the law, or opinions are based on hearsay?

Otherwise we risk becoming sheeple in what is increasingly looking like a military state.

Now I really am out of here!

Cannot wait for some Chappies boets!! 5kay all day!!

Some sugar bushy repeats, yes please!!!

I've told the HB crime watch guys to be on the lookout for people in Pure Savage kit. Definitely not HB residents.

I've told the HB crime watch guys to be on the lookout for people in Pure Savage kit. Definitely not HB residents.

Surely your post should be on the "Boast about your new purchase"...it being a new font and all!

i used Garmin Maps and was able to create a 30km round route without any overlaps within my 5km radius. 

I see your 30km and raise to 50km! If I throw in some zigging and zagging, I can get up to 70km without overlaps.

I'm just waiting for all the outrage outrage when 300 cyclists are arrested on table mountain going for #morningshreddies..

Selfies of the #fitfam on top of Lions Head etc....

Then an announcement that exercise is revoked because people can't follow simple guidelines....

Ja, this is bound to happen. Flippen muppets.

If I see ONE Savage on Chappies. Or ONE tosser in JOC kit. ONE!! I'm calling the police.

You have been warned.

"Tosser in JOC kit"?  Appears the only TOSSER in this respect is you!  Where do you get off singling out either of these groups and being derogatory towards either of them?

Do I have to cycle with a mask if nobody near? Apologies if already covered am accessing via mobile and am old...

"Tosser in JOC kit"?  Appears the only TOSSER in this respect is you!  Where do you get off singling out either of these groups and being derogatory towards either of them?

I wasn't being entirely serious. I have lots of respect for the Savages.

But since you asked.

In reference to the JOC legends. They are well known for riding 4 abreast. I live in HB and see them riding like tossers every single weekend. And I was once at the Village hub in Scarborough when a grown man threw a legit tantrum because they had run out of banana bread. He was in JOC kit.

So yes. The JOC crew. Gigantic toolbags.

Edited by Duane_Bosch