Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

What the hell is wrong with people? You get the unlikely gift of being able to ride outside by a zealous government and you can't do a simple thing and wear a mouth covering... Sheesh its even cold and useful, but no. 80% of the people I rode near, no mask. Walkers, joggers, dog walkers, cyclists, so many ignoring the simple little request.

The gov has demonstrated their ability to turn back on a decision, and you decide to flaunt the rules? WT actual F.

Anyway, God it was good to be out there again... Chilly, but so enjoyable!!!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So nice to get out again....although not so nice is that chilly feeling of winter around the corner! 
Saw no-one on my ride...nothing odd in that...tourist town and there are no tourists! Bit pointless wearing my buff as a mask but anyway....The road is a lot busier with cars though. 

Odd to go past the Wimpy on a long weekend morning and not see the throngs of cyclists milling about there....

Edited by Mojoman

Out the gate at 06h00.001....Dark as Fark! It was at least half hour on the road before I saw the first person round the Kirstenbosch area...after that a smattering of bikes and a few runners...funny thing, riders still don't greet even after 5 weeks of lockdown!

By the time the sun came up and I was back at the top of the drop into the greenbelt, it was hectic!....there was a queue going into the greenbelt and groups heading up the mountain from Constantia Nek ! Glad I stayed away cause it would have been chaos with the 2-way traffic. Almost had a head on with guys in a bunch coming around a corner on the wrong side of the road...so can't say there's going to be any major societal changes due to this pandemic, we all humans and have gotten this far so I suppose errant behaviour is built into our genes!

Anyway it was glorious to be out and the sunrise over Cape Town was spectacular! Still had time to join the wife and doggos for a trot round the hood!

post-35907-0-85643500-1588315642_thumb.jpeg

What the hell is wrong with people? You get the unlikely gift of being able to ride outside by a zealous government and you can't do a simple thing and wear a mouth covering... Sheesh its even cold and useful, but no. 80% of the people I rode near, no mask. Walkers, joggers, dog walkers, cyclists, so many ignoring the simple little request.

The gov has demonstrated their ability to turn back on a decision, and you decide to flaunt the rules? WT actual F.

Anyway, God it was good to be out there again... Chilly, but so enjoyable!!!

I thought it was just in my area that this was the case....it was tuff wearing a face mask but I got used to it...but ja, very little social distancing, groups of guys meeting on street corners and heading out, no masks, hopefully the GUVERMENT doesn't slap us on the wrist and send us to the naughty corner!

Good to ride this morning ....1st time in 5 weeks for me . saw a few "families/flat mates" cycling together

I have lived here 13 years, been walking my dogs here for like 9 of them, never have I seen this many people out at the same time.

Well effing done government... 99d6c8ad4e8ab083736440d7a2bca8bf.jpgf954dcb4ef0ea2511b3333f1333272ae.jpg012559c442c2c82ecbd5e30153d4a954.jpg

Yip we have the most short bafoons running a country. Peeps we need to start standing together and get rid of these twits

It was great to get out. Did not have the mental strength to run myself, but took our three dogs for a walk.

Did they enjoy their walk! Even the older, over weight cross breed did not want to go home. Our normal evening walk spot was very busy, have never seen the retaining wall for flooding so busy.

Took the dogs and walked through the lucerne fields, they now need a wash, will wait for a bit of warm weather.

Keep safe.

This. This is why we can't have nice things. FFS people, be responsible.

Yep, one of the pics I posted above was a group of about 10 that had just rode past.

Haha this is hilarious, everyone here to post the exact same thing. a) Never seen this many people out exercising, b) no-one giving a rat's arse about wearing masks, c) all the groups, all the time.

That's why the Government is treating us like children.

Rough guesstimate that about 60% of people wore masks. Markedly, all the black people wore masks, only the whiteys went maskless. That's just my suburb, but still fascinating.

Do we live in the same neighbourhood?  :P

Edited by bertusras

Not exaggerating here - but about 80% of cyclists I encountered this morning were in groups of 3 and more. Solo riders by far in the minority. Clearly not a sport you can do on your own.

Spes Bona road near Durbanville looked like a mass funride

Good thing I decided to rather take my doggo's out for a walk this morning. Will however go and see if much has changed on the Spes Bona loop tomorrow morning. 

I thought it was just in my area that this was the case....it was tuff wearing a face mask but I got used to it...but ja, very little social distancing, groups of guys meeting on street corners and heading out, no masks, hopefully the GUVERMENT doesn't slap us on the wrist and send us to the naughty corner!

okes need to stop being scared of the government and learn to toi toi

Give it 5days max, then the roads and fields wil be quiter again until 8am. After 8 all the Karens wil be walking with their families. Another week and that will end as wel.

If yiu want to get a lekker ride in, start st 6, saw few riders until 7:30. Wifey went for a run, and after her run we took the kids for a ride. Was a night and day difference in the streets....