Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Sharks move over, theres a new threat in the water....

People going to jail for their sport, son..You guys are nuts! The gatas(police) hold all the aces...if they say jump...I'll ask "how high sir"...There is no way to prove a point to them.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting admissions of past crimes coming out here. Paddleskiers, boogieboarders.

Any longboarders?

or kneeborers...

I had a rasta buddy that kneeboarded. I was on a body board. He tried everything in surfing. I just tried surfing, some mini mals, long boards and a shorty. Preferred the body board. Rasta always used to carry on for himself that kneeboarding is where its at. We surfed many spots around the western cape from the 90's until about 2008. Many of those places we were not welcomed but surfed anyway.

I remember llandudno specifically for the mere fact that we were laughed at walking down the beach, me with an oversize longsleeve tshirt and a cricket floppy on a very hot day, bodyboard, towel, wetsuit and fins in hand. Waves were huge and powerful. We had an awesome session. I even helped someone paddle out to the back just to catch a set as the waves kept pounding him back to the beach. When we got out of the water, peoples attitudes changed and it was like we were welcomed there.

I never really got into surf clicks, but surfed with many people over the years, some famous, some great folks.

One of my clients has just tested positive for Covid19, he's an older guy around 60 odd and has been riding without a mask, ignoring the rules, with a group of about 6 guys up and down the green belts since everyone was allowed out. Let's see how that goes. 

Edited by T-Bob

One of my clients has just tested positive for Covid19, he's an older guy around 60 odd and has been riding without a mask, ignoring the rules, with a group of about 6 guys up and down the green belts since everyone was allowed out. Let's see how that goes.

They live amongst us... did he continue to exercise in a group while waiting for his results?

Hope he makes it through okay..but his actions were extremely recless..hope he has notified everyone he has been in contact with on these group rides.

Edited by Gen

Absolutely understood.

Individuals putting themselves ahead of the tribe is an in grained no no. We needed this feature to survive. 

While the riding in groups spreads the virus things can be discussed, and I am sure it probably does not really make much difference. Its a branding issue. People will be quick to go to press about cyclists riding in groups.

The first story of somebody being arrested after lock down was about a cyclists, and they paint everybody with Lycra with the same brush.

Remember people love to hate cyclists, lets not give them more reason?

Roughty toughty MTB-er wear baggies.....just saying

They live amongst us... did he continue to exercise in a group while waiting for his results?

Hope he makes it through okay..but his actions were extremely recless..hope he has notified everyone he has been in contact with on these group rides.

I'm not sure, I just got information from his wife when I was sorting out something for him. It seems as if it's all swung into action about contacting those who have been in close contact with and isolating but I doubt there is much contact tracing that can be done for the hundreds of people he rode past huffing and puffing while berating the 'police state' and 'making a stand' for his rights. Unfortunately he is that kind of guy and he's not the only one by any means. 

Edited by T-Bob

OFF TOPIC:

GEN, thought you should see this ASAP!

You have Zwift, right?

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/why-so-serious-ride-with-triple-world-champion-peter-sagan-as-he-hosts-zwift-social-ride-this-week-455428/amp

Lot's of cyclists out at 6am in the Tokai area riding in groups. I ran with one guy who joined just up the road (by chance) but we kept our distance. Running around Tokai on the dark roads is a bit hairy. I'll run in the bicycle lane rather and move when I see a cyclist coming. The running pathway is an obstacle course even with my headlamp on. 

I'm not sure, I just got information from his wife when I was sorting out something for him. It seems as if it's all swung into action about contacting those who have been in close contact with and isolating but I doubt there is much contact tracing that can be done for the hundreds of people he rode past huffing and puffing while berating the 'police state' and 'making a stand' for his rights. Unfortunately he is that kind of guy and he's not the only one by any means.

Aye.

as a community service his Strava should be laid bare

Aaaaw..[emoji173]

I don't have zwift [emoji24]

Don't worry, you are not alone, I have a meeting from 1 to 3 this afternoon, so I'll have to miss it as well....

Unless...

I can just tell them my bandwidth is slow... so no camera, just audio... and then the IDT noise I'll put down to the wife vacuuming... ;)