Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch your mouth! That think is LUXURY in Hartenbos!

Space for all my bikes and charges, ski stuff and my dirty kit, perfect.

And the experience of riding your bike , coming back near sunset , lighting a fire and having the first few crisp sips , while presiding over your campsite is just stuff of legend .

I don't care how much glam you lot are adding to it ..it is still camping.. [emoji2961] Edited by Gen

I don't care how much glam you lot are adding to it ..it is still camping.. [emoji2961]

Exactly. Bliss. 

I'm more of a tent person, myself (having grown up in a few of these ones below, and normal dome tents) but there's something wonderful about being in the wilderness with nothing but sky, a camp fire and your choice of location. 

DSC_0975_-_Copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=15839786

And the experience of riding your bike , coming back near sunset , lighting a fire and having the first few crisp sips , while presiding over your campsite is just stuff of legend . 

Midmar Dam, in the 80's and 90's. Hlalanathi in the height of storm-season. Monk's Cowl. Mazeppa Bay, Nature's Valley, Cape Vidal etc etc etc. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Exactly. Bliss.

I'm more of a tent person, myself (having grown up in a few of these ones below, and normal dome tents) but there's something wonderful about being in the wilderness with nothing but sky, a camp fire and your choice of location.

DSC_0975_-_Copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=15839786

All very romantic.. but the reality around camping is something I do NOT enjoy..dirt, dirt , dirt everywhere...shared facilities..caravan parks..walking to moer and gone for water and a loo or dig a hole..[emoji2961].[emoji38]

I shall pass on it..unless someone forces me.. then I'll go for a tent thx.[emoji38]

All very romantic.. but the reality around camping is something I do NOT enjoy..dirt, dirt , dirt everywhere...shared facilities..caravan parks..walking to moer and gone for water and a loo or dig a hole..[emoji2961].[emoji38]

I shall pass on it..unless someone forces me.. then I'll go for a tent thx.[emoji38]

You've been camping with the wrong people if your camp is full of dirt and mess.... :P

Camping is not for everybody, no point trying to convince people who hate the idea.

But incorporating camping into our trips allowed us to go on holidays twice as often and twice as long than we would have been able to afford to if we had to do self catering (never mind hotels but that is out of reach of our family budget anyway) - so quite happy that I married someone who grew up camping as a kid and did not need convincing.

Midmar Dam, in the 80's and 90's. Hlalanathi in the height of storm-season. Monk's Cowl. Mazeppa Bay, Nature's Valley, Cape Vidal etc etc etc. 

Yes yes.

Happy Wanderers, Scotborough, Jeffreys Bay, Nelspruit, George, Plett, Algeria, Greyton etc etc etc. My parents had a caravan my whole life while I was growing up.

I'm all camped out. You guys camp. I'll be in the Airbnb.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Yes yes.

Happy Wanderers, Scotborough, Jeffreys Bay, Nelspruit, George, Plett, Algeria, Greyton etc etc etc. My parents had a caravan my whole life while I was growing up.

I'm all camped out. You guys camp. I'll be in the Airbnb.

aaaaah, the memories. 

Camping is not for everybody, no point trying to convince people who hate the idea.

But incorporating camping into our trips allowed us to go on holidays twice as often and twice as long than we would have been able to afford to if we had to do self catering (never mind hotels but that is out of reach of our family budget anyway) - so quite happy that I married someone who grew up camping as a kid and did not need convincing.

Lol I am not trying to convince people to hate it.. just stating why I don't like it.[emoji111]

We did a fair amount of camping when we were younger.. the budget at the time didn't allow for anything more than than a tented holiday. Hey and you make due..but it never quite excited me.