Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

Never thought I would support an EFF request. This would be great though - lockdown has made me realise I don't need a gym subscription at all. A squat rack, olympic bar, some weights, kettlebells, and resistance bands gives me everything I need. I'm itching to buy some gym equipment...

You’re going to have to drop at least R10k for all of that equipment.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are busy setting up a small homemade gym. For 10k you can go pretty far. A proper multi purpose bench plus weights is around 6k.

Depends how much you lift. Emphasis there is small.

Well obviously, if you are deadlifting 400kg then you are not getting away cheaply.

My partner have unsubscribed from public gym.

She's never been more motivated to work out with her bands and kettle bell routine.

Her new thicker and cooler workout mat just arrived today - bright pink.

New beginnings.

Edited by 'Dale

Pretty much what I had in mind... The expensive bit is the Olympic bar and squat rack - the rest is not too bad. Luckily it's not like you have to drop all the cash in one go. You can add over time which is nice. And like you mentioned, it's going to last a long time. 

I've already got the layout of my home gym drawn up... but like Jako said, I have a baby to save for, so the gym is going to be slow progress for a while.

My partner have unsubscribed from public gym.

She's never been more motivated to work out with her bands and kettle bell routine.

Her new thicker and cooler workout mat just arrived today - bright pink.

New beginnings.

I suspect you are going to lose those matching Sako7 bidons.

I bought some weights a very long time ago. Never really been used,up to this point, My missus does her home gym twice a week. I cant be arsed, even with a gym contract. 

Pretty much what I had in mind... The expensive bit is the Olympic bar and squat rack - the rest is not too bad. Luckily it's not like you have to drop all the cash in one go. You can add over time which is nice. And like you mentioned, it's going to last a long time. 

I've already got the layout of my home gym drawn up... but like Jako said, I have a baby to save for, so the gym is going to be slow progress for a while.

Before lockdown I was also contemplating a home gym setup, as I was making good progress so far this year and didn't want to lose it all and start all over again. But ja, cost is prohibitive and life is in uncertain territory, so strength training has to be sacrificed.

I installed a chin up bar and have 3 kettle bells

I have been going to gym for 30 years and with just the chin up bar and some kettlebells i have never been in better shape.

Press ups

Chin ups

Squats 

Sorted.

Hello virgin can you please cancel my membership.... thank you have a nice day.

A pretty random request by the EFF, but I would support it if they expanded this to bike shops

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/eff-calls-for-lockdown-regulations-to-allow-for-sale-of-gym-equipment-47557844

Julius managed to shed about half his bodyweight over the past 5 years or so (probably the only thing I can give the man credit for).

Maybe he's noticing the scale moving in the wrong direction again.

No. You can sleep in the same bed and you can **** but you can't be within 2m of each other outside.

You can also buy sushi but not pies

You can smoke weed but not cigarettes

You can make your own super dodgy beer but you can't buy any

You can walk on the promenade but not the beach

You can buy tupperware but not toys

and you will be arrested with your toddler because sad toddler behaved like a child and bolted onto the beach. You will not be alone because you have 23000 odd similar people while criminals are not being caught and cigarette smuggling hits a high...

carry on

No. You can sleep in the same bed and you can **** but you can't be within 2m of each other outside.

You can also buy sushi but not pies - Radiation poisoning over heart attacks? Tough call.

You can smoke weed but not cigarettes - Definitely an improvement in my books...

You can make your own super dodgy beer but you can't buy any - If you can still afford pineapples, or find yeast.

You can walk on the promenade but not the beach

You can buy tupperware but not toys - Tupperware was roped off at my local PnP last time i was there. Bought some car wax though...

carry on

Definition of a police state bru.

1. Turn law abiding citizens into criminals by passing arbitrary laws

2. Encourage neighbors to report each other on infringements of said laws

Edited by Duane_Bosch