"Dumb" Stationary trainer experience sharing.

A question for the guys on Zwift.

I created a profile yesterday, and rode 3.x Km to test the connection and feel of the ride. I am in the 7 trial period, and it shows 25Km free.

Can I ride further than the 25Km?

I’d like to do a group ride tomorrow, to see/feel for myself if it worth paying for one month.

IIRC it let me ride way more than 25km in the 7 day trail period.

While you are on the 7 day trail do a workout or 3 and see if you like those too.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for the guys on Zwift.

I created a profile yesterday, and rode 3.x Km to test the connection and feel of the ride. I am in the 7 trial period, and it shows 25Km free.

Can I ride further than the 25Km?

I’d like to do a group ride tomorrow, to see/feel for myself if it worth paying for one month.

I also managed to join a race longer than 25km while on the trial. It did not kick me out when it ran out, but let me finished the race anyway.

But unlimited km in the 7 days if I remember correctly, with 25km limit per month after that. 

IIRC it let me ride way more than 25km in the 7 day trail period.

While you are on the 7 day trail do a workout or 3 and see if you like those too.

I also managed to join a race longer than 25km while on the trial. It did not kick me out when it ran out, but let me finished the race anyway.

But unlimited km in the 7 days if I remember correctly, with 25km limit per month after that.

thanks, I’ll try as planned and move over to Rouvy if it stops at 25Km. Edited by Frosty

Question: do you guys use an electrolyte beverage or just water? 

Just concerned about the potential to lose alot of water through perspiration - also cognisant of sugar content in some of these products.

Game has come to mind as an option?

Hi cadence was wondering the same thing... I do the game thing just 2 little scoops per 750ml bottle. I sweat lile crazy.... I think it helps... Even now and then i do biogen Electrolyte effervescents.

I'd suggest water for anything less than 2 hrs training per day

Thanx Swiss... Do you think it does harm tho? Even if i use 1 bottle with veey little game... And 1 bottle with clean water? Almost feel like i Neeeeed to add an electro...

intensity dependent ?

Yes, If its all hi intensity lasting more than 1.5 hrs you probably should take on some quick energy (drink) or (gels with water) starting in your warm up.

If its going to last more than 2 hrs, the above and eat some carbs early on as well.

Also important is what you ate and drank the few hours before (2-3 hrs), a small snack 90 minutes before if your last meal was more than 3 hrs before.

You will sweat more on the IDT, so you should take in more fluids than normal out door riding

Disclaimer: Not a coach and purely based on personal experience

Hi, can you help with some advise here please.

I have Garmin speed and cadence sensor that works fine with the 520.  Also HRM.

I registered with Zwift (not yet the billing part), first on laptop and then on smartphone.

I cannot get these to pair with Zwift through Bluetooth.

Any tips, or do I need to get an ANT+ dongle?

I pretty much tried everything, including taking out and putting back battery to "waken sensors", phone is not on power saving mode, spinned fast and slow.

Would be nice to use Zwift at this time as anything over 45 minutes is "killing" me.

Any advise would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi, can you help with some advise here please.

I have Garmin speed and cadence sensor that works fine with the 520. Also HRM.

I registered with Zwift (not yet the billing part), first on laptop and then on smartphone.

I cannot get these to pair with Zwift through Bluetooth.

Any tips, or do I need to get an ANT+ dongle?

I pretty much tried everything, including taking out and putting back battery to "waken sensors", phone is not on power saving mode, spinned fast and slow.

Would be nice to use Zwift at this time as anything over 45 minutes is "killing" me.

Any advise would be appreciated.

TIA

Don't know about Zwift but I use Rouvy on a Samsung S8 which supports ANT+ so I can use my Garmin sensors, in fact simultaneously on the App and my Garmin 820.

Jip, Ant+ ..

And what happens if you have a Garmin 2 speed and cadence? will i still need the Ant+ dongle for my ipad?

Thanx Swiss... Do you think it does harm tho? Even if i use 1 bottle with veey little game... And 1 bottle with clean water? Almost feel like i Neeeeed to add an electro...

Hehe... no problem you wont get fat from that and keeping your mind happy is good  :thumbup: 

And what happens if you have a Garmin 2 speed and cadence? will i still need the Ant+ dongle for my ipad?

I have the Garmin 520, and needed Ant+

Dont know enough to try answer other combinations ...

Yea Swiss, also read up a bit and been doing some training on an empty stomach in the morning, then have my bowl of oats afta wards... Lost 4kgs so far. 83kg-79kg...